Jets Where do you get 'em

14 replies to this topic
  • dukeryder

Posted March 25, 2006 - 11:24 PM

Alright seems most Jetting threads talk about getting a bigger Pilot Jet with the DynoJet kit. Getting a Kehnin 55 or 58, and most say "just go to the dealer".

Well I went to my Dealer and those friggin Yahoos have not clue. They say we can get you a stock 50; but not a 55 or 58 for the L models carb. The dude there didn't even know what the L was at first He's like "Thats' an on off road bike huh?"

I can't stand dealing with these idiots, where can I order them from? Internet seach doesn't come up with much and I can't find any on eBay.

My bike has the DynoJet kit, K&N, and Big Gun, still running kind lean (afterburn, and sometimes after running hard, will stall out when You slow to a stop for a stop sign or light).

• XR_mad

Posted March 25, 2006 - 11:35 PM

i love having ballards just down the road, i went in to get my staintune header and a 68 pilot, took em 10 seconds to get em off the shelf from what i have read bajadesigns seems best for the usa

• AzMtnThumper

Posted March 26, 2006 - 04:31 AM

Sounds like you have a crappy dealer. Baja Designs has plenty of jets to sell you.

• Dual_Dog

Posted March 26, 2006 - 06:26 AM

Sudco.com or carbparts.com. They'll have the jets you're looking for.

• 4whlfun

Posted March 26, 2006 - 07:51 AM

Sounds like you have a crappy dealer. Baja Designs has plenty of jets to sell you.

The Honda Dealers in Phoenix are just as crappy. I went in wanting a 68s jet. They just looked dumb founded. Never heard of s jet. So I told them my 650 had a 65s jet from factory. :thumbsup:

• Valerie Wilson

Posted March 26, 2006 - 08:36 AM

If you can't find them anywhere else, most jets are avaialable from the TT Store. They are usually a few bucks a jet. Send an email or call us.

Just so you know though, we do have flat rate shipping and handling, so ANY order under $149 is $7.49.... even 2 or 3 jets.

Is it right for "you" to purchase jets from us beause of that? Maybe not, but if you can't find them anywhere else or are ordering other stuff too.... I just thought I'd let you guys know that they are available here.

• chicagobikefan

Posted March 26, 2006 - 05:58 PM

I got mine from www.motorcycle-superstore.com. Just type in 'keihin jets' (without the quote marks) on the search field at the top of the page.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HondaRules

Posted March 27, 2006 - 07:23 AM

James Dean has jets as well....he's one of the Jetting gurus on this site :thumbsup:

• MotoGoalie

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:27 AM

If you can't find them anywhere else, most jets are avaialable from the TT Store. They are usually a few bucks a jet. Send an email or call us.

Just so you know though, we do have flat rate shipping and handling, so ANY order under $149 is $7.49.... even 2 or 3 jets.

Is it right for "you" to purchase jets from us beause of that? Maybe not, but if you can't find them anywhere else or are ordering other stuff too.... I just thought I'd let you guys know that they are available here.

I ordered a bunch of jets from TT and they were half the price of the local dealer and I got a range to jet all the bikes my friends and family have for our local higher elevations.

• dukeryder

Posted March 28, 2006 - 03:40 PM

I ordered up a 55pilot 58pilot, 160 and 165 main from Sudco, I just need to get my hands on the stock needle now, so I can see if the Dynojet setup is more to my liking or Dave's.

Anyone got a stock needle laying around??

• angrytim

Posted July 06, 2006 - 05:50 PM

Where can I find a 68s pilot jet?

• HawkGT

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Where can I find a 68s pilot jet?

The only place I'm aware of that you can get "S" jets is directly from Honda.

Part number 99105-MBN-0680. Replace the "68" in the part number with whatever size you need (e.g. 99105-MBN-0700 is a 70s).

Personally, I use a normal 68. I've never found anything conclusive on the reasoning behind the different sized emulsification holes in the "S" jets. What I have found suggests it is emissions related. :ride:

• angrytim

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I show the 99105-MBN-0680 part # as a
#68 slow jet, which we have. How do you specify the "S" 68?

• HawkGT

Posted July 06, 2006 - 11:22 PM

The part description doesn't specify that it's an "S", but it is.

• angrytim

Posted July 07, 2006 - 08:11 AM

Thanks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.