Wr450 suspension settings.

7 replies to this topic
  • Beejay

Posted March 25, 2006 - 05:58 PM

Guys, anyone racing enduro/harescrambles that can give some settings to try out, I'm 100kg's but in my last event a week back I seemed to be bouncing the front end all over the place, lost(washed) the front end out in wet going at least 4 times. Front tyre pressure was about 110kpa because it was rocky.
My present settings are:-
Forks compression (bottom) from the alignment punch marks - 12 out.
rebound (top) - 12 out.
Rear Shock comp (top) - Low comp - 9 out High comp 1.5 out
rebound (bottom) - 12 out.
Any constructive advice will be appreciated.

• Beejay

Posted March 26, 2006 - 05:04 PM

No one???

• tfitzgerald2

Posted March 26, 2006 - 08:20 PM

100Kg = 220#. I weigh 210 with an additional 25# of gear. My stock rear spring preset is at the max setting but still allows 4.75" of sag. Too much - should be 3.5-3.9". I have ordered a 5.6Kg/mm rear spring (stock is 5.3) and will need .48kg/mm fork springs. You shouldn't be changing the settings until you have the correct springs. They are about $100 for the rear, and the same for a pair for the front. See the following web site for calculating which springs you need per your riding style.

Good luck

• Matty05

Posted March 26, 2006 - 10:40 PM

Beejay - I would definately suggest you get the suspension resprung and revalved for your weight. At 100kgs, you are too heavy for the stock springs.
Just going harder on the comp and rebound settings won't do much at all having soft valving to start with, except make the action very harsh.

Having the suspension set up properly for you is the best mod you can do to a bike, the difference is unbelievable. It makes riding the bike so easy, and eliminates most of those "moments". You know the ones I am talking about.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted April 02, 2006 - 02:18 PM

Thanks guys, I'm a bit late on this, I think I'll go with your suggestions as I've tried all settings without much improvement. Closest suspension experts to me are some 400km's away but will take her in next trip I do.

• Matty05

Posted April 02, 2006 - 05:31 PM

I had to take mine off and send them airmail! Thats how far I am away from anyone with half an idea!

• Bushdog

Posted November 25, 2009 - 03:15 AM

Depends on how serious you are about your performance - of course getting your suspension re-valved, heavier springs etc will give you better results (if your into spending that kind of money) - why dont you add 30mm of oil to ur front forks. The minimium is 120mm and maximum 70mm (measured from the top of the fork). this should stiffen the action and reduce bottoming. this is what some people do when adding a larger capacity tank - try this before you spend 2 months salary on new springs!

• GuyGraham

Posted November 25, 2009 - 04:48 AM

Thread from the dead!!!!!!

Let it rest in peace

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.