Noise after skid plate install

2 replies to this topic
  • odonnks

Posted March 25, 2006 - 03:17 PM

I removed the stock plate and case guards then installed a Moose aluminum plate/case guard (one piece)
WOW - That thing really seems to focus allot of engine noise at the rider. Even at idle, if you are beside the bike it quiter than if your on it.

I'm going to try a hare scramble tomorrow and have no time to get the foam I see advertised to reduce noise.

Is there anything safe that can be put in its place short term?

This thing will drive me nuts like this!

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tsk350

Posted March 25, 2006 - 04:10 PM

Ya go to your local hardware store and get some door sealant, its the foam strips to seal you house door. Thats all I run because its cheap and has adhesive backing.

• odonnks

Posted March 25, 2006 - 04:17 PM

Cool ! I have a few rolls down stairs

Thanks !

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.