Got My BRP.

19 replies to this topic
  • jwriott

Posted March 25, 2006 - 01:22 PM

I finally got a BRP!!!! :thumbsup:

2001 with the original tires. The only damage are a couple scratches on the plastic.

http://img.photobuck...es/IMG_2008.jpg

• xbreaka

Posted March 25, 2006 - 02:33 PM

sweet deal, uncork that puppy, throw on a e-series pipe(my opinion) and get ready for some jumps and wheelies :thumbsup:

• big t

Posted March 25, 2006 - 02:47 PM

Good find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Mountain Road Madness

Posted March 25, 2006 - 02:51 PM

Congrats Man, cool bike. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• wheelnut46

Posted March 25, 2006 - 04:28 PM

Nice! Good luck with it. Have fun!

• GIANTac1

Posted March 25, 2006 - 04:44 PM

Congrats! Ride on! :thumbsup:

• jwriott

Posted March 25, 2006 - 05:13 PM

It is uncorked but that's about it.

How much weight will I shave off the pig if I go with an aftermarket pipe?

• Junior Belson

Posted March 25, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Other than lack of e-start, those are some of the best most reliable bikes I have ever ridden with. They kick pants and are a blast on the trails. If you drop it get ready to break a sweat kicking.

• jwriott

Posted March 25, 2006 - 06:54 PM

I know they can be a bear to start hot.

I've got a 300 EXC for the tight stuff.

• AzMtnThumper

Posted March 25, 2006 - 09:06 PM

Looks like a good find :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR_mad

Posted March 25, 2006 - 09:45 PM

:thumbsup: me too, got mine today, was uncorked stock, thank you honda had a bit of trouble getting the baffle out of the staintune but its out and the header is on and im loving the power, enjoy your brp :thumbsup:

• frankstr

Posted March 25, 2006 - 09:51 PM

Wecome to BRP land....You'll enjoy the "R"... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup:

• XR_mad

Posted March 25, 2006 - 10:57 PM

Wecome to BRP land....You'll enjoy the "R"... :thumbsup: ... :thumbsup:

i think ill be staying for the rest of my life the way it feels is mindblowing

• BIGGITY

Posted March 27, 2006 - 07:48 AM

The BRP is not hard to start when it's hot. Only when you lay it down. Here is the remedy to that problem...

Get it TDC and then open the throttle all the way and give it a hard kick and it will fire up instantly. Be ready to let off the throttle immediately once it fires because it's going to rev fast. BTW make sure you're out of gear even if you have the clutch pulled in. It would suck if for some reason it grabbed and the bike would shoot out like a rocket from underneath you... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

• Jayzonk

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:13 AM

It's a beaut!! Looks good! REAL GOOD! I just looked through our local Bike Trader magazine to find a similar buy, but did not find one! I"m not sure if it's because no one wants to sell, or because no one owns one anymore up here. Canada is kind of funny that way - lots of CRF's, but few enduros. Maybe it's because we don't have a DESERT!

• HC

Posted March 28, 2006 - 08:36 AM

very clean, first 2 things, grease the streering head, and linkage, then vent the stator case. what I learned here. more important then a pipe for now. then change the fork oil.
cool bike

• Old_Man_Time

Posted March 28, 2006 - 09:34 AM

Actually they start really easy when they are hot. The only time they are a bear to start is when a bike that still has the stock carb is dumped on it's side. That's because they flood immediately. Then you must follow the routine to clear the cylinder of excess fuel.

Forget the after market exhaust. Too much money for the limited returns they offer. Spend that money on a Edelbrock carb and you will be much happier. With an Edelbrock the bike no longer floods when you dump it. Most the time it doesn't die but if it does one or two kicks and your on your way.

• kaotik_18

Posted March 28, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Bike is easy to start hot. Harder when cold. Another way to clear a flooded carb is to hold the throttle wide open, pull the compression release and kick the bike over 3-4 times. Then start as normal. This always works for me. Congrats on the purchase, looks clean.

• jwriott

Posted March 28, 2006 - 12:32 PM

The biggest draw for me with the exhaust is to drop a few lbs. off the bike. The stock can is like a boat anchor. I really don't need anymore power than what it has now.

Jayzonk, just be patient. That's what I did and they do come up.

• XR_mad

Posted March 28, 2006 - 03:41 PM

The biggest draw for me with the exhaust is to drop a few lbs. off the bike.

and it also helps cool the bike

Jayzonk, just be patient. That's what I did and they do come up.

its true, keep on the lookout and you will find the one for you :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.