Lets drop some weight! 06 YZ450

5 replies to this topic
  • RoughR1der

Posted March 24, 2006 - 02:41 PM

I know she already feels really light, but I would like input on how to make her the lightest I can. I don't know much about doing this, so hope you guys can help out. And don't tell me to "USE THE SEARCH!!!", it's a forum, and it's for postin :thumbsup:. Hope there isn't a thread like this already though :thumbsup:

First thing I was going to do was buy a full system DMC Afterburner after reading about it in CRF forums, but I have no idea if this is much lighter than stock. I already added some weight with the Lightspeed 57mm pegs =/, but they rock!

Thanks guys

• Ga426owner

Posted March 24, 2006 - 03:09 PM

Most of us do it the economical way.................go on a diet! :thumbsup:
There are titanium axles, nuts, bolts etc...that will shave some weight but at a tremendous cost
The stock exhaust is the heaviest out there any aftermarket will save weight

I luv my lightspeed 57mm pegs to....wider pegs do make a huge difference!

• RoughR1der

Posted March 24, 2006 - 07:28 PM

no one else? =/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kid on a 426

Posted March 24, 2006 - 08:04 PM

Magnesium hubs but they are WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY pricey about $1000-1500 Lighten the drivetrain a little with aluminum sprockets I think tag makes some aluminum handlebars. Not a whole lot else other than what Ga426 said

• SurvivorMan

Posted March 24, 2006 - 10:15 PM

powerwash the dust off it, shave your head, cut your finger nails. he he
I agree, the exhaust would be the cheapest.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 25, 2006 - 08:06 AM

My fat azz tips in over 280. One less trip to Burger King is the key for me. OH, and I did a Dr.D exhaust, although I cant tell any wieght difference. Coming from a WR this thing already seems wieghtless.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.