EFI at the Japanese Nationals

26 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted March 25, 2006 - 05:42 PM

Here are some more pics

• riderman329

Posted March 25, 2006 - 06:51 PM

i can see new body work on the 2007

but EFI will be a hugh improvement!! but just remember that any bike that has a carb, will be worth more resale value!!!

• bedell99

Posted March 27, 2006 - 11:22 AM

You really think carb bikes are going to have greater resale value. I guess you don't remember when sport bikes changed over. Resale plummeted for the carb bikes. Yes!!! EFI was that much better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darksun27

Posted March 27, 2006 - 02:22 PM

it will probably do to the retail value what aluminum frames done to yamahas non-aluminum frame reasle value.

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 27, 2006 - 03:07 PM

it will probably do to the retail value what aluminum frames done to yamahas non-aluminum frame reasle value.

This is good news for me :thumbsup: , horrible news to the people who own these bikes now :thumbsup:

• riderman329

Posted March 27, 2006 - 04:11 PM

it will be worth more because the factorys will charge more MSRP for EFI Model. causing the bikes with carbs to go up in value, because the are more people out there that are willing to buy an 05 with a carb and not have to pay 3-4 grand more for the 07 with EFI, this will only last for a few years.

but as the market for the EFI gets bigger say like a 2008 or 2009 model bike, there will be less people buying a bike with a carb so then they will lose resale value.

• 2fastwhitey

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:40 PM

Don't think it is going to make tuning so easy. Instead of buying brass you will be buying a $300 Dyno Jet Powercommander and booking time on a dyno. I have a fuel injected sportbike. Every time you make changes to intake or exhaust system adjustments have to be made to the computer to maximise your efficiency. The computers DO NOT adjust themselves!

No joke!! but it will be fun I have a power commander on my steetie, and its fun as hell to adjust with my lapy. I guess the old timers will have to invest in a laptop. You don't have to have a dyno or run on one to tune FI, you just have to test and ride or you can invest in good software that helps. My favorite is to change my fuel mapping then go riding.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.