Tachometer on '06 650L

4 replies to this topic
  • Jawmail

Posted March 24, 2006 - 09:31 AM

I want a tach on my new 650L (I pick it up tomorrow). What is the best way to do it. Is there an analog tach we can put on or are all the options digital readouts.

• husky123

Posted March 24, 2006 - 10:27 AM

Trailtech and Acewell both make the 'digital' version of an analog tach and speedo combo. I have the Acewell and like it a lot.

Lee

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MindBlower

Posted March 24, 2006 - 11:44 AM

Trailtech and Acewell both make the 'digital' version of an analog tach and speedo combo. I have the Acewell and like it a lot.

Lee

If you take off and acclerate briskly, (or even moderately), can you see the numbers changing (how fast you're going)? Or is it a blur until you level the speed off? I like the looks but my concern is taking off on the street and getting ticketed because I couldn't tell when I hit 30 or 40 mph in time.

• Fio

Posted March 24, 2006 - 01:12 PM

Hey Husky123, what model Acewell tach do you have? :thumbsup:

• husky123

Posted March 24, 2006 - 01:24 PM

If you take off and acclerate briskly, (or even moderately), can you see the numbers changing (how fast you're going)? Or is it a blur until you level the speed off? I like the looks but my concern is taking off on the street and getting ticketed because I couldn't tell when I hit 30 or 40 mph in time.

No, the digital speedo climbs pretty slow especially with the L. :thumbsup:

It stays in time with the speed pretty well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.