Fork cross-refferences

6 replies to this topic
  • EDGECRUSHER

Posted March 24, 2006 - 03:01 AM

Hi all.
I just did a couple searches and didn't come up with anything.
I need to know what other manufacturers forks (years/models) will bolt on to a 99 yz400f frontend?
Just trying to broaden my options.
thanks
EDGE_

• EDGECRUSHER

Posted March 24, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Maybe someone can help me find this info or how to figure it out??

• ncmountainman

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:23 AM

ohlins made for yami 99 yz up to 03 will be a direct bolt on :thumbsup: you may have to use year specific brake parts if it changed at all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EDGECRUSHER

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:39 AM

Did Kawi, Honda, or zuki have any forks that were same?

• ncmountainman

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:42 AM

somewhere around 2000 cr 125's had some kyb's and kawi had one with a bottom out cone design in their 46's (not sure what year) but you'd have to change the wheel and brake setups to whatever yr/make it was.

• Matt96xr6

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:57 AM

no is the simple answer. The axle diameters and fork internals are radically different.

Basically a 96-03 yamaha will interchange, the new the forks the better the internals ar.

• ncmountainman

Posted March 25, 2006 - 08:03 AM

no is the simple answer. The axle diameters and fork internals are radically different.

Basically a 96-03 yamaha will interchange, the new the forks the better the internals ar.

actually the internals from those cr 46's and the kx 46 KYB's will go right into your 46 yami's. i know my suspension tuner runs those kawi ones in his yz tubes for the bottomout system :thumbsup: and newer doesn't really mean better,there are still some offroad racers running the old rightside up forks. and i run 03 46's(with a few mods) on my 05 yz because for me they feel better than the stockers did.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.