AIS removal kit not needed?

6 replies to this topic
  • Farmboy

Posted March 23, 2006 - 08:47 PM

I just bought a left over 05 wr 450 the other day and while the mechanic was doing all the free mods ( throttle stop, grey wire, etc..) I ask him about the AIS and if he was going to take it off too. He didn't know what it was so he ask another mechanic that had just taken a class from Yamaha about it and he said they put a bolt in something and that takes care of it. He said something like you can either buy the 50.00 kit from Yamaha or just put a bolt in something and be done with it. I don't really know what the AIS is, but has anyone else heard this? My last bike was a 01 WR so this AIS stuff is new to me.

Sorry don't have more info but the mechanic didn't seem really talkative.I wanted to talk to the guy a little bit more but was signing papers and he was busy working on somthing else and I didn't want to bother him. I am wondering if I need to go ahead and remove the AIS or if it is fixed? I haven't got to ride the bike very much, it has been cold and been busy. I figured you guys might know something about this or if it's not a good fix or not.

• clark4131

Posted March 23, 2006 - 09:03 PM

Search Farmboy, search...SC

• motoscotty

Posted March 23, 2006 - 09:20 PM

A-FIRM That is correct

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OneToGo

Posted March 24, 2006 - 02:28 AM

Get the TT kit, around US34 delivered "Stateside"

Dont be backward about putting it in, either :thumbsup:

There are a lot of threads that will say the TT AIS kit is difficult to install - it is NOT hard if you do it as recommended in the instructions. I resisted installing it for a while, because of all the stories, but recently had my tank, seat and right rad off to install a new header and rad guards - so no excuses...It is simple once you are prepared. Even the dreaded exhaust plug just takes a few gentle taps (easy with the rad and fender off :thumbsup: )

The 05 and 06 have AIS. Easy to see, plumbing on the RHS of the carb and motor - for tree huggers only..

• HuntinTony

Posted March 24, 2006 - 05:48 PM

It was very simple. I did mine last week. YOU CAN EAT AN ELEPHANT ONE BITE AT A TIME!!! Just take your time and follow the instructions. :thumbsup:

• Kepy

Posted March 25, 2006 - 12:06 PM

Search Farmboy, search...SC

Farmboy... what does it means...I'm asking cause I'm not from the english space :thumbsup:

• OneToGo

Posted March 26, 2006 - 03:04 AM

Farmboy... what does it means...I'm asking cause I'm not from the english space :thumbsup:

I think you might have to go search as well ! - just kidding

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.