Any horsepower predictions?

23 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted March 27, 2006 - 11:35 AM

how about uncorked? how much HP ?

• mgs781

Posted March 27, 2006 - 11:51 AM

[I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but if you get 42hp off the back wheel of an L with those very mild mods you will be totally lucky. The L motor needs to be very modded, like big bore, hot cam, hot CDI box, porting, velve job, and so on to get up to the high 40s low 50 in RWHP. You can't compare that motor to a XR650R either because they are totally different motors. Id say if you install a Keihin FCR41 youll notice it where it counts...seat of the pantaloons, I have a 1996XR600R that has a pipe, jetting and a stage one hot cam, Im doing a hot box CDI, and some mild porting, I had it dynoed, with just the pipe, jetting and cam, and this is at 5280ft from sea level and it has 40.2 rwhp. I may do a 610cc or 630cc kit with only 11:1 compression so itll be as easy to start and take pump gas.

Aren't you the guy (sniper X) from SMJ that was claiming to have 60+ with these exact mods? You put up a good fight, back then claiming it to be true. Have you seen the light yet?

What goes around comes around, huh!

If I am incorrect, I appologize.

MGS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted March 27, 2006 - 12:21 PM

[I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but if you get 42hp off the back wheel of an L with those very mild mods you will be totally lucky. ... I had it dynoed, with just the pipe, jetting and cam, and this is at 5280ft from sea level and it has 40.2 rwhp.

These two statements are enough to qualifiy anything you have to say as WR450F caliber.

• Wheels up

Posted March 27, 2006 - 03:05 PM

While we are on the subject of hot cdi boxes are there any mods for the 650 L CDI?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.