EFM vs Rekluse

8 replies to this topic
  • Greg_C

Posted March 23, 2006 - 01:02 PM

I might be able to get my hands on a 40% off coupon for an EFM autoclutch so that puts it around $300. The down side is that you need to send them your clutch so your without a bike until they send it back to you. What do you guys think, EFM for $300 or Rekluse for $400?

• JDrooster

Posted March 23, 2006 - 01:55 PM

Go with the Rekluse, then send me the coupon. :thumbsup: I've done extensive searches on here for auto-clutch info and find that very high percentages of folks who have them, love them. More folks seem to have Rekluse than EFM. I've read a couple reports of clutch basket tabs breaking off where they're drilled and tapped with the EFM's, but I seem to remember that was with earlier installs. I'm an Ohio boy so I'd lean toward EFM just because they're in Ohio, but I wouldn't turn down a Rekluse either, and like I said, Rekluse owns the majority share!!!

• 642MX

Posted March 23, 2006 - 06:08 PM

I have never used an EFM, but I do use a Rekluse. Rekluse makes an awesome product and the tech and service support is the best in the whole moto industry.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 23, 2006 - 09:37 PM

I love the Rekluse as well, no permanent changes to your bike so you can always go back to stock to sell the bike or whatever. Plus if you buy a Rekluse through the TT store you save a bunch of fun tokens. I dont know anything about the EFM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Greg_C

Posted March 24, 2006 - 04:59 AM

Did you guys go for the extra $100 bucks to keep the clutch leaver on the Rekluse? Does anybody know if with EFM your stock clutch leaver will still work? I think I would want the leaver there for dead engine starts in Hare Scrambles. And yes I did do a search on EFM before making this post and did not come back with that much on them.

• 642MX

Posted March 24, 2006 - 07:12 AM

I have the perch adjuster. I think it is worth the extra money.

• SUnruh

Posted March 24, 2006 - 07:20 AM

Did you guys go for the extra $100 bucks to keep the clutch leaver on the Rekluse? Does anybody know if with EFM your stock clutch leaver will still work? I think I would want the leaver there for dead engine starts in Hare Scrambles. And yes I did do a search on EFM before making this post and did not come back with that much on them.

i have EFM unit #3 (or was that 2?) for the yz250f. put in july of 02. still there, still works perfect, still original oem clutch too.

yes, the lever works. no extra gimicks to make it work either.

oh, btw, you can see my holeshot on the dvd from the 05 LoneStar GNCC too. :thumbsup:

and Garry and Chris will support you like nobody else.
and yes, my new 06 has an EFM in it as well. so far, 1 harescramble and 1 holeshot.

• Greg_C

Posted March 24, 2006 - 08:17 AM

It sound's like if I can get the 40% off it will be $300 vs. $500 only draw back is the down time.

I think the autoclutch will improve my riding in the tight and nasty stuff. I know I would be faster in 2nd but am afraid of stalling so I go down to first. Then it is easy to accidentally blip the throttle too much an launch off trail. I pined my leg to a tree doing that not to long ago.

Thanks for the feedback.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 25, 2006 - 08:20 AM

Did you guys go for the extra $100 bucks to keep the clutch leaver on the Rekluse?

You will need the longer cable too. I am not sure its worth the extra money. The external adjuster is pretty easy to get to. It would take 2 minutes and 2 wrenches to adjust it, but once its set you dont need to adjust it very often. The biggest advantage to the PA is prolly the ability to hit neutral, which you really dont need anyway. I mean the clutch disengages when stopped anyway and if you need to find neutral to restart, your bike if off and its easy to hit neutral. The ability to pull the clutch and rev the bike would then be the other advantage of the PA, and that is nice. But it would also be nice not to have any clutch lever or cable at all. Very clean. I have done both, with the PA and without. I havent decided which I like better. I was gonna go without the PA and put the hand brake on, but I didnt really like the setup. Good luck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.