My Local Yamaha Dealer told me that NCVQ needle

3 replies to this topic
  • lomitamike

Posted March 23, 2006 - 01:02 PM

Is the same as a JD needle (didn't specify what color). Once again the mechanic who worked on my bike said " the NCVQ needle is the same thing as the needle in the JD kit".

Any knowledgeable people care to comment on that?

I was running a OBELN, 168 main, 200 main air, 48 pilot, 100 pilot air. He said there should be noticeable improvement. Oh yeh also installed a Boyesen QS.

• Matty05

Posted March 23, 2006 - 02:26 PM

The NCVQ seems to be the one that most racers use, I haven't used it though.

Try it out, it couldn't be a bad thing when the jd kit costs $70 for 2 needles and 4 jets......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoscotty

Posted March 23, 2006 - 09:25 PM

I think J D is slang for "Let Me Take Your Money"- 2 bad experiences..

• lomitamike

Posted March 27, 2006 - 07:00 PM

The NCVQ needle works great. I'd have to recommend it. Smooth all the way through. On the other hand the $95 Boyesen AP thing didn't eliminate the BOG. Guess I'll have to twist the BK screw in a couple turns.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.