Choke valve stalls bike?

2 replies to this topic
  • bob426

Posted March 23, 2006 - 11:22 AM

So I realize this shouldn't be complicated but nevertheless- My 02 YZ426 will only start without the choke on. If I pull the choke it stalls the bike. So am I running way too rich, in which case what should I adjust. Or can I just leave this as is? thanks for your help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DRH

Posted March 23, 2006 - 02:29 PM

Are you talking a cold start? If your bike is running and warmed and you pull out your choke it will stall, thats normal. Not having to use your choke to start a cold bike thats great, I can do that too, though it takes a lot more energy from me to fire the bike up. If I were to guess, I would think it would be running a tad rich. I assume you have a nice clean air filter that is properly oiled and there are no other obstruction in your intake system...How does the bike run otherwise. A rich running engine will feel sluggish and would load up etc......

• PK

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:16 PM

If you don't need your choke to start your bike when it's cold, it's too rich. The start/idle circuit uses the pilot jet so I would drop that down one size. It will crispen up the throttle response also. Now if it's a really warm day, over 90* and you don't need it to start a cold bike, I wouldn't worry about that.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.