2002 wr426 jetting

2 replies to this topic
  • slkerns1

Posted March 23, 2006 - 06:08 AM

i have a 2002 wr 426, that i am trying to tune. here are the things that i have done so far. i removed throttle stop, removed air box lid, removed baffle in exhaust. bike starts fine and has good low end grunt but on the top it sounds like there is a rev limiter. obviously its running out of fuel and needs re-jetting. all carb jets are stock, and all the settings are stock also.
i live in michigan and will be doing most of my riding in the summer. any info will be greatly appreciated shawn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numskull

Posted March 23, 2006 - 07:38 AM

There is the potential for your throttle to stick wide open with the throttle stop completely removed. You can either use the yz stop or cut the stock one to length following these direction
http://www.thumperfaq.com/throttle.htm

• byggd

Posted March 23, 2006 - 09:10 AM

I have the same bike. You can get a lot of jetting info in the jetting D-base sticky thread. Here is what i am running. Hope this helps!

Model (400 - 426 - 450): 02 WR426
Timing (WR-YZ): YZ with 03 exhaust cam
Main jet: 170
Pilot Jet: 42
Fuel screw (turns out): 1 1/2
Needle model/Clip position: JD blue needle postion #3
Airbox lid (on or off): Lid Off
Pipe: White brothers e-series w/six discs and quiet core insert
Altitude where you ride: So Cal 0-4000 ft
Temperature where you ride: 75-110
Degree of satisfaction: Runs awesome quick response/no bog

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.