What kind of PowerNow?????

7 replies to this topic
  • JoeJoe03

Posted March 22, 2006 - 06:51 PM

Huy Guys,

I want to install a PowerNow in my '03 YZ450F. I am looking for more low end boost and a little better throttle response.

What should I expect from the Power Now?

Should I get a Powernow(from the airbox to the carb) or Powernow Plus (from the carb to the engine)??

Which works better????? I am clueless here and need your help!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I suck at making anything like this myself so I have to look at the purchase option. Which is best and how will it help me???????????

Thank you TT'ers :thumbsup:

• kid on a 426

Posted March 22, 2006 - 07:29 PM

I bet(don't quote me) the one between the carb and engine works better. Because isnt it supposed to mix the gas and air together better not just swirl it around before it gets any gas added.

• JoeJoe03

Posted March 23, 2006 - 04:37 AM

I dunno :thumbsup:

Anyone has experience with this that can help?????

• Fizz

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:19 AM

http://www.thumperta...earchid=1288741
read these threads first ... then you´ll know much more about the PowerNow ... :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:53 AM

I have one in my 03 - helps a little - I would buy the Quickshot from Boyesen before you spent the money on the PN. Much better response from this.... :thumbsup:

• jho410

Posted March 25, 2006 - 05:03 PM

Get the one between the carb and engine. You can also make one if you're on a low budget.

• Fastest1

Posted March 25, 2006 - 05:26 PM

JoeJoe, I personally think the one between the airbox and the carb to be the best one. The reason IMO is the fact that it cuts the intake tract to half its size until the slide passes it. This increases the velocity of the air entering the carb and creates more vacuum on the jets. That is why it picks up the bottom with no effect up top. If you placed the same blade into the airstream downstream of the carb, what would that accomplish? I think the airflow into the carb would still be too low to get great response right off of bottom. The jets and emulsion tubes and circuits of the carb atomize the mixture quite well if there is enough vacuum to pull the fuel into the airstream. Using a smaller carb than stock results in a much more responsive motor but less top end. I personally think the PN mimics a small carb til the slide passes it. It works great on mine. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken. :thumbsup:

• Reyndogg

Posted March 26, 2006 - 10:38 PM

I have an original power now in original package with the little plug to line it up - if you're interested shoot me a pm - dont need it on the 06 :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.