XR650L Owners Manual?

15 replies to this topic
  • TrailRiderXRL

Posted March 22, 2006 - 03:38 PM

I am looking for an owners manual for my 2001 XRL. Is there a site I can download one from? How about a service manual?
Thanks

• radvocaat

Posted March 22, 2006 - 05:44 PM

saw one on ebay recently!

• wheelnut46

Posted March 22, 2006 - 07:23 PM

I bought my owners manual from here:
http://www.motorcycleownersmanual.com/
and I got my service manual from ebay.

• enginemedic

Posted March 22, 2006 - 08:11 PM

I just recieved one through Hondas website. It covers model years 1993 to 2006. It cost $48.95 plus shipping. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Jayzonk

Posted March 22, 2006 - 10:05 PM

Your local Honda dealer can order it for you, but it's expensive. If you are already an experienced mechanic, it'll all make sense. If you're not, you're better off getting a Chilton's manual, or a basic motorcycle manual that explains the "how to's"
The Honda manual tells you how to repair/service your bike, but you'll be scratching your head wondering what they mean when they say "Do the following..." Those procedures are in a simpler manual.

• dukeryder

Posted March 22, 2006 - 11:32 PM

It cost $48.95 plus shipping. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I bought mine online for like $30 and it was new, I forget the site, but it took them about 3 weeks to get it to me. Do a search on here, it wasn't the motorcycle manuals site, but one similar.

Too bad it got stolen outta my tool bag only a few weeks after I got it :bonk:

• TrailRiderXRL

Posted March 23, 2006 - 04:01 AM

I guess there is no on line version of the owners manual? The Honda owners link site, shows some very basic maintenance information but it's very limited. Also when I put my VIN in the owners link site it isn't recognized as a valid VIN. Does anyone else have this problem. Here is the link for those of you who haven't seen it.HERE

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:09 AM

I guess there is no on line version of the owners manual? The Honda owners link site, shows some very basic maintenance information but it's very limited. Also when I put my VIN in the owners link site it isn't recognized as a valid VIN. Does anyone else have this problem. Here is the link for those of you who haven't seen it.HERE

No, I have not seen an online version of the owners manual anywhere (not a legal one anyways) I signed up on ownerlink to see what was there, no problems here.

This may be a dumb question, but did you double check your vin# against the the frame,title & registration to be sure they all match?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TrailRiderXRL

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:43 AM

They all match. I'm thinking that maybe Canadian bikes might not be in the VIN database. Can someone else with a CDN bike please try and see if your VIN will work.
Thanks

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 23, 2006 - 06:03 AM

They all match. I'm thinking that maybe Canadian bikes might not be in the VIN database. Can someone else with a CDN bike please try and see if your VIN will work.
Thanks

Possibly no Canadian bikes, but it could be that they dont have '01 numbers loaded? when did they begin that website?

• TrailRiderXRL

Posted March 23, 2006 - 04:55 PM

Could be!
Has anyone tried the CDRom version of the service manual?

• TrailRiderXRL

Posted March 31, 2006 - 09:37 AM

No one has the CD version?

• Jayzonk

Posted March 31, 2006 - 09:37 PM

Thanks

I'll try it tomorrow

• TrailRiderXRL

Posted April 01, 2006 - 12:56 PM

I'll try it tomorrow

Did it work for you?

• Muddin

Posted April 02, 2006 - 04:15 AM

I'm in Nova Scotia with a 2006 650L and my Vin # does'nt work.

• TrailRiderXRL

Posted April 02, 2006 - 04:42 AM

I'm in Nova Scotia with a 2006 650L and my Vin # does'nt work.

CDN VIN's must not be in the data base.

Are you on the www.nsdsc.ca board? It's a great local site.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.