I Freaking Hate Grease!

7 replies to this topic
  • tl1000rider

Posted March 22, 2006 - 07:43 AM

Does anyone know if Pro Seal is making the air filter gasket for the 06 YZ 450 yet? If so, who has them in stock?

Thanks!

• grayracer513

Posted March 22, 2006 - 08:25 AM

I do not use grease.

I do not use the Pro Seal air filter gasket.

I use White Brothers and Twin Air filters and either Maxima FFT or Maxima FAB-1 and just make sure that the base of the filter gets a good coat of it. Once "dry", it's easily tacky enough to seal the filter.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 22, 2006 - 09:17 AM

Agreed the days of greasing that lip.....sounds funny, are over. They seal up just fine w/o the mess. :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted March 22, 2006 - 11:04 AM

I have the PCRacing Proseal gasket on my airbox. Like airfilters, you can use the seal of older models. The gasket and a well oiled filterbase = no leaks.
If you use a TwinAir plastic airbox cover, you need a longer mounting screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tl1000rider

Posted March 22, 2006 - 11:16 AM

So the Proseal gasket for a '05 YZ 450 will fit?

I've noticed the airbox is quite a bit different then the 426. Just want to confirm that a gasket made for the '05 will work.

Thanks!

• SureBlue

Posted March 22, 2006 - 11:32 AM

It will fit. Look at the chart, PC3 fits all YZs and WRs except YZ85.
Also the 2006 models. The airbox hole has not changed even though the outer dimensions/form of the airbox may vary.
http://www.pcracingusa.com/proseal.php

• PK

Posted March 22, 2006 - 11:55 AM

I just put one in my bike last night. On the package it said it was for an 05 and it fit perfectly as do the air filters from my 03 YZ450. I think it adds additional insurance that you get a good seal at the airfilter base so I use the gasket.

• NYMXer

Posted March 22, 2006 - 12:12 PM

All late model YZ's use the same filter whether they are 2 or 4 stroke. I guess I am from the old school and will continue to use grease. Old habits are hard to break. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.