I want to trade my stock WR rims for black, anyone interested???

5 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:33 PM

I have a set of stock excel rims off my 99 wr 400 in perfect condition, I would like to trade them for a set of black excel rims in the same condition and size as stock. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Thanks.

• Cirus

Posted March 23, 2006 - 08:13 PM

I take it the back rim is 18" right? If so I'll buy it off you. I'm converting my YZ450 to a woods bike.

• Lizard 1

Posted March 24, 2006 - 05:42 AM

Just get them powder coated or anodized. I did mine in a teflon textured looking black. Works great and looks pretty cool....

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted March 24, 2006 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the idea lizard I have a buddy who powder coats, Ill see what he thinks, i know it sounds like a stupid trade but after all there really not worth that much more just because they are black. Everyone keeps saying "I bet you do" blah blah blah, you never know until you ask......

• Lizard 1

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:21 AM

Try the anodizing. It looks really cool. Or, try the Chrome black. Looks really trick. It was hard decision for me, but I kinda like the teflon look....different from what everyone else seems to run.

• steve lemley

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:37 AM

Im into having a unique look and like the idea. How much did it cost you to get done, they had to disassemble the rims off the spokes right?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.