xr650r good deal?

54 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted March 21, 2006 - 05:05 PM

so i think i located a good deal and wanted some input on wether or not it actually is one.

it is a 2004 xr650r with what seems to be low hours on it. not much wear on the clutch cover. and overall looks to be in good shape. i also know that this bike as been sitting unused for about a year at the dealership it is at. so it really probably only has one season on it. they were just asking to much for it. they wanted 4300 for it but i got them down to 3500 plus tax. i could post the place where i got the bike which also has a picture, but i would hate to have someone steal this bike on me if it is a good deal.

• zx7rye

Posted March 21, 2006 - 05:17 PM

Not many details, but given the New England riding season is pretty short, your gut is probably telling you what would seem to be true. It's probably a good deal...buy it.

• BigBoreRacing

Posted March 21, 2006 - 06:57 PM

[COLOR=Red]Sound's like a deal to me.[/COLOR]

• Jolly705

Posted March 21, 2006 - 07:15 PM

+ 1 Sounds like a good deal.

• frankstr

Posted March 21, 2006 - 08:18 PM

Thats a deal...better get it before someone else does.. :thumbsup:

• Supplicate

Posted March 21, 2006 - 08:29 PM

I'm with frankstr :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted March 22, 2006 - 03:49 AM

Seems like a decent deal for $3500. Why did the previous owner trade it in or sell it to them?

• Ret09

Posted March 22, 2006 - 08:22 AM

If that price is new, go for it now! If it is used, still pretty good price. Dealer price is good, if you can go lower, snatch it before someone else does. :thumbsup:

• adam574

Posted March 22, 2006 - 02:44 PM

alright i am safe now i put a deposit on it. it was a bike that was used by one of the owners of the dealer... he took the bike out for a couple rides and then put it on the lot as a used bike. but since he used it he was trying to get primo money for it for so long it never sold. he wanted 4300 and i low balled him with 3500 and he said yea. i really didn't think he would say yes but he did and i am the new owner of a hardly used 04 650r. bike porbably has five rides on it by an older guy who from what i hear doesn't exactly ride like an animal.... now i am on too hurdle number 2 getting it plated.

i will post the a picture of the bike later tonight

• 2000 xr650r

Posted March 22, 2006 - 03:45 PM

It may be ok. Unless you don't want it, you should be able to get a plated one for that much. I though i got the ultimate deal on my xr650r. It was a 2000 but they did'nt change them very much so the year was not a factor to me. It had slight wear on the clutch covers, new tires, street plated, and uncorked. $2700 May because i live in nebraska also. (the middle of nowhere.) I'd say get it if it have little to no wear on the clutch covers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adam574

Posted March 22, 2006 - 04:01 PM

Posted Image

• InternalCombustion

Posted March 22, 2006 - 04:12 PM

Congrats, Dude.

The plating may be a bit of a hassle, I do not know Mass., but once you do the simple un-corking you're gonna fall in love with that R. She's all heart.

The R is an awesome bike, in any trim.

Ride safe.

• 2000 xr650r

Posted March 22, 2006 - 05:19 PM

Thats looks pretty good. If it was mine the stickers, and black fender would be in the trash. Mine has about half the wear on the side covers and it has 2500+- miles loged on the speedo. Just to give you a idea. Then on the other hand, it had some on-road miles.

• adam574

Posted March 22, 2006 - 05:38 PM

for whatever reason the guy in the couple times he rode it put the black fender on it. since that picture the shop put the original red fender back on. the stickers will also get the axe obivously.

• TimBrp

Posted March 23, 2006 - 03:55 AM

Nice steal!! That sucker looks clean. Minimal wear on the clutch cover...the exhaust is still nice and black. The black fender could be for looks. Many baja guys use them to cut down on glare. Is she uncorked? If not that's a must. Shoot me an email addy and I'll get you the instructions on how to register the bike. Typically if an insurance co. will insure you, you can score a plate. They run VIN's also. Also where in Mass are you? Any help you need I'm on the border of RI near Franklin/Bellingham area. There's a few things you NEED to do to that bike prior to going offroad with it.

To start:
Uncork
Good Handguards
Better Skid plate

• ztsd

Posted March 23, 2006 - 05:03 AM

Congratulations! Looks good. We’ll have to get the Mass plated BRP guys together for a dual sport ride some time.

My new speedometer was shipped yesterday and I’m going for my plate today. I’ll let you know how it turns out. BTW, there’s an introductory price on the 3900 speedometer right now, $149.

Posted Image
Tachometer, Temperature meter and Speedometer.
Multi-functional LCD ATV/Motorcyle computer includes 4 LED lights for differant purpose indicators.
LCD has 2 rows digital and analogue rpm bar-graphic deisplays with blue LED backlighting.
Odometer and total riding time are stored in memory, even when the power is off.
Individual clock power line to keep hour meter on when power is off.
Temperature range is suitable for both water and oil temperature.
Includes temperature sensor kit.
Includes rpm sensor, speed sensor and magnet kits.

Posted Image

• CFAmD7G

Posted March 23, 2006 - 09:44 AM

That spedo gizmo looks pretty cool
Is it possible to hook up the nuetral indicatoe light to an XR650R?

• adam574

Posted March 23, 2006 - 11:18 AM

tim, my email is onebd50@hotmail.com if you can send me the info you have on getting this done that would be awesome. i have been with my insurance place for a long long time now and the chic that works there loves me so i don't think it will be a problem getting insurance. plus i already had a xr400 insured through them.

i am in plymouth mass pretty much a couple miles from the bourne bridge. i would guess like an hour to maybe an hour and a half from where you are. i am kinda curious as to how fast and how good this bike will handle. i have been riding for 6 years now which was all mx. i did that stuff pretty religiously every weekend. i think i only missed one race for my org that i race with in the six years i was doing it. now i am kinda burnt out on the whole racing thing and wanna try something else. i currently have my crf450 on ebay, as soon as that thing sells i am going to dump all that money into the bike. most of it will probably get eaten up between getting it dualsported and paying for insurance.

i can't belive you don't like these handguards either. the factory honda ones seem to have the most room between the lever and guard. i like to run my levers really far out cause i got really long fingers. most aftermarket guards my levers rub up against.

do you guys have any idea how many plated brp's there are in mass. getting a ride together would be a blast.

• TimBrp

Posted March 23, 2006 - 12:04 PM

tim, my email is onebd50@hotmail.com if you can send me the info you have on getting this done that would be awesome.

On it's way.

i am in plymouth mass

You're only 45 minutes from me. Do you realize the amount of riding you have in your backyard down there. The pig is going to blow in the singletrack though. Start hitting the weights if that's your plan.

i can't belive you don't like these handguards either. the factory honda ones seem to have the most room between the lever and guard. i like to run my levers really far out cause i got really long fingers. most aftermarket guards my levers rub up against.

do you guys have any idea how many plated brp's there are in mass. getting a ride together would be a blast.

There's about 6 or 7 active users on here with BRP's. Wait until you hit a tree with the stock handguards. Try a set of Cycra Probends on there. Awesome guards, IMO. Plenty of room and they won't let your hands get busted up.

• Ret09

Posted March 23, 2006 - 01:16 PM

Get the right foot peg fixed first before you ride it. Check stock right foot pegs bolts daily until you do for tightnesses.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.