Any new 06's seize up yet??

Just wondering because I was trolling in the KX room and there's a couple threads about guys blowing up their KX's

I'm between the yz and kx this June so i've been following the KX crew.

I had my 426 since I bought it off the showroom floor back in 01. Its now time and if I can only get a bike that has treated me half as good as my 426, I'll be happy.

Just wondering because I was trolling in the KX room and there's a couple threads about guys blowing up their KX's

I'm between the yz and kx this June so i've been following the KX crew.

I had my 426 since I bought it off the showroom floor back in 01. Its now time and if I can only get a bike that has treated me half as good as my 426, I'll be happy.

Funny you should ask that question. I have a friend who rides off road for Kawi and out of the three factory riders this weekend only one of their bikes finished the race. Stay with the Yami unless you have a mechanic and free parts.

If you want reliability then stay with Yamaha and your new bike will treat you just as good as your ole 426. My bud bought the new KXF and the header pipe cracked off flush at the motor, Whats up with that ? And it didnt break in a crash either.. he just gunned the throttle and it started farting. Im sure the Kawi will be a good bike in time but I would be cautious for the first year production bike.

i have been working with and riding the kawi and the yami stuff quite abit this year and i would not take a kawi if you gave it to me, ?

this year 450 yami is one nice bike ,

and hell i buy and own hondas :bonk:

but these yami's this year are very hard to beat ?

I entertained the thought of the KXF but like you I have been a YZF guy for a long time and have always had good luck with the Yamaha's. I rode both back to back one day and they are both nice bikes and I could get use to either one. However, Kawi's track record with the KXF250 swallowing valves and running hot made me think about the long term reliability of their engineering approach and I went with the YZF450. It's a great bike and will make your 426 feel like a slow barge...