perfect power

8 replies to this topic
  • idiot_on_426

Posted March 21, 2006 - 10:27 AM

hey guys, i have a 2001 yz426 and i have been playing with the jetting, fuel screw, bk mod, and all that stuff to try to get my bike to run great. i also have a full t-4 pro circut pipe on it just for clarification. but i just want to know if anyone can tell me what size main jet, pilot jet and fuel screw adjustment i should do in order to make my bike run great instead of just ok. the bk mod didnt seem to do anythng for my responsivnes, which means i probably did it wrong, so basically i want someone to paint me a picture on what to do. thanks and i know i sound like an idiot....sorry

• CampCounty4Fifty

Posted March 21, 2006 - 10:47 AM

what is the "bk" mod ? :thumbsup:

• CampCounty4Fifty

Posted March 21, 2006 - 10:52 AM

nevermind, I searched and found it. :bonk:

Am I reading it right ? :confused: Is this mainly for the 01' models ?

So, yeah or nay ? will this help my '02 426 ? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Ranger18

Posted March 21, 2006 - 04:24 PM

It should work on your 02, My brother is "idiot on 426" but he can't answer your question becouse he is an idiot. Just do another search, and I'm sure you will see that people did it to their 02's. I think the ony differences for the 01 - 02 was the suspension. hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted March 21, 2006 - 04:54 PM

I think you should try a JD Jet Kit. I thought my jetting was good until I tried the JD kit. I liked the kit so much that I bought one for my fiancees bike.

• idiot_on_426

Posted March 22, 2006 - 09:53 AM

ya, iv been in a toss up between a JD kit or a boyesen quickshot ac pump cover, i dont know what to do first, i dont have the cash to do both right away, i really enjoy riding the track, what do you think i should do first, for riding the track. thanks man

• 316powersports

Posted March 22, 2006 - 10:04 AM

If you do a search, there is an excel doc to calculate jetting specs. I look for it tonight an post it for you.

• 642MX

Posted March 22, 2006 - 04:27 PM

ya, iv been in a toss up between a JD kit or a boyesen quickshot ac pump cover, i dont know what to do first, i dont have the cash to do both right away, i really enjoy riding the track, what do you think i should do first, for riding the track. thanks man

I have both the quick shot and JD kit. I would say the JD kit is the better bang for the buck. :thumbsup:

• idiot_on_426

Posted March 23, 2006 - 09:53 AM

THANKS, i appreciate it man

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.