Well, I burnt my clutch up

5 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, it finally happened, after all of these years of abuse my clutch burned up on Sunday during my first MRANN event. :thumbsup: 4.5 miles into the race it gave out in a nasty, rocky, canyon trail, with Novice riders sprawled out everywhere. While waiting behind them my bike overheated only for the 2nd time since I've had it. Not too long after that it was cooked. I pulled it appart and my basket/hub appear to be in good condition. I think I will get by with just a spring and plates replacement.

Any good brands out there? EBC? Others?

Thanks,
Fryboy

• Pincushion

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:24 AM

Stick with OEM. The price difference isn't too much between OEM and EBC and almost everyone agrees OEM is the way to go. I got all plates & springs for about $130 from my local dealer.

• RideRaceLive123

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:50 AM

On my 250f I bought OEM plates off OEM TT store at about $70 then bought EBC stiff clutch springs off rockymountainatv.com for $5-10.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moto5

Posted March 21, 2006 - 10:46 AM

I've never used them in a dirt bike but a couple of my road bikes had Barnett plates in them and they worked very well. Pincushion, why do suppose OEM would be preferred over aftermarket.

• Pincushion

Posted March 21, 2006 - 11:02 AM

I've never used them in a dirt bike but a couple of my road bikes had Barnett plates in them and they worked very well. Pincushion, why do suppose OEM would be preferred over aftermarket.

I cant say say from experience, but when I was searching the forums last week the popular opinion was that OEM were superior to EBC, but not Barnett. I've actually heard Barnett is real good stuff and they make the GYTR clutch accessories used by Team Yamaha.

I used an EBC clutch way back when in my 250R Honda and it never gave me problems, but I figured for an extra $15 I'd go OEM since other Yamaha riders seemed to have back luck with EBC.

• RideRaceLive123

Posted March 21, 2006 - 02:36 PM

I cant say say from experience, but when I was searching the forums last week the popular opinion was that OEM were superior to EBC, but not Barnett. I've actually heard Barnett is real good stuff and they make the GYTR clutch accessories used by Team Yamaha.

I used an EBC clutch way back when in my 250R Honda and it never gave me problems, but I figured for an extra $15 I'd go OEM since other Yamaha riders seemed to have back luck with EBC.

I heard Barnett is way too grabby. Hinson makes GYTR clutch accesories. GYTR(hinson) or OEM are the only clutches I would run in my bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.