Warning to Riders

19 replies to this topic
  • spillicious

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:47 PM

Warning to my fellow riders...Coming back from the weekend I hope everyone had a fun and safe St. Patrick's Day. I on the other hand...did not. I just moved to San Luis Obispo and have been super stoked cause i live about 10 minutes from the dunes. Its been absolutely amazing, i love it out here being able to ride at least 2 times a week. But to get to the point i went to Santa Barbara to visit a friend where someone STOLE my dirtbike from the back of my Durango and of course its not covered by any insurance...renter's, home owner's, car insurance or anything. So I'm now out 3k and worst of all...no bike. So..my warning is lock your bike up really well no matter where you are...there are ******** everywhere. And...if theres any wealthy kind individuals out there...i accept cash donations or even a bike donation :thumbsup:
TAKE CARE AND RIDE SAFE....and lock that bike up!!

-Kirk

• Drfletcherdc

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Warning to my fellow riders...Coming back from the weekend I hope everyone had a fun and safe St. Patrick's Day. I on the other hand...did not. I just moved to San Luis Obispo and have been super stoked cause i live about 10 minutes from the dunes. Its been absolutely amazing, i love it out here being able to ride at least 2 times a week. But to get to the point i went to Santa Barbara to visit a friend where someone STOLE my dirtbike from the back of my Durango and of course its not covered by any insurance...renter's, home owner's, car insurance or anything. So I'm now out 3k and worst of all...no bike. So..my warning is lock your bike up really well no matter where you are...there are ******** everywhere. And...if theres any wealthy kind individuals out there...i accept cash donations or even a bike donation :thumbsup:
TAKE CARE AND RIDE SAFE....and lock that bike up!!

-Kirk

Sorry to hear about your bike. It's a sick feeling to find out something has been stolen. Next time for about a $100 bucks, you could get insurance that would cover your bike. And get a Kryptonite lock for it.

• 642MX

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:01 PM

That sucks. Maybe the cops will find it?

• 02YZ426

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:06 PM

That really sucks :thumbsup: All bike theives should be shot. I just finished installing a security cam in my garage and it watches my bike 24/7 well at least when its home. I know it wont stop a theif but at least I will know who took it, and the cam is good for piece of mind. For about $70cdn I got a whole setup of good quality and the camera even has night vision. I think its worth the investment for anyone with a bike.

• spillicious

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:38 PM

Damn thanks for all the replies guys, so i hope someone has gotten something from this so its not a complete screwing. If maybe someone knows of some good cheap insurance that covers theft on off-road bikes that would be sick if they could post that info if anyone knows of some or would like some info they could get it, i never knew that it was available...i'm...an idiot :thumbsup:

• Dieselhound

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:46 PM

I spent last wednesday through friday at Shell beach, which is between your home and riding spot. Is it just me, or is that whole area filled with tweekers? Either that or the unemployed hippies were really irritating. The area is beautiful, but the people are scary. I imagine if anyone came into my neighboorhood, they would think that it was scary too though. Orange County Ca. Turning into a ghetto.

• spillicious

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:55 PM

Dude i definately agree with you, even though i just moved to the area last month, it does seem like theres a bunch of tweakers around...i hate shady people!! but seriously...whoever stole my dirtbike i gurantee probably hasnt ridden a 400 before and is probably just gonna abuse it if they can even get it started i hate jerks...even if they make the world more interesting...stealing shit is retarded.

• dirtbikindad426

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:07 PM

Sorry about your bike. Post all of its details maybe someone will see it or hear of it being sold.

Progressive insures all of my bikes for 230.00 per year!

• spillicious

Posted March 20, 2006 - 09:18 PM

Here's a picture of my baby...its a 2000 yzf426 i haven't seen too many out there with this decal set...so if you're in the california area especially near santa barbara or pismo please let me know...or just give the person an ass kickin :thumbsup:

Posted Image

• cowboyona426

Posted March 20, 2006 - 09:30 PM

Sorry to hear about your bike :thumbsup:, good luck finding it :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 20, 2006 - 09:56 PM

Dude, youre not stupid. The low life dirt bag loser piece of shit who stole your ride is. :bonk: Dont beat yourself up over it. What a dick, why would you steals someones stuff :thumbsup: . I cant imagine that happening. That kinda crap just doesnt happen up here, and when it ever does, its ugly when they catch the drugged out low life losers that stole something. The local police have an awful slow reaction time when they hear someone caught a thief :thumbsup: :confused: . Good luck buddy, I wish I had an extra bike laying around for ya.

• MotoGoalie

Posted March 21, 2006 - 07:43 AM

That really sucks man. Hope karma puts an ass whooping on the clown that stole your ride.

• xtreme165

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:09 AM

That really sucks :thumbsup: All bike theives should be shot. I just finished installing a security cam in my garage and it watches my bike 24/7 well at least when its home. I know it wont stop a theif but at least I will know who took it, and the cam is good for piece of mind. For about $70cdn I got a whole setup of good quality and the camera even has night vision. I think its worth the investment for anyone with a bike.

Where did you get the camera set up as I could use a couple of them? What brand/make, model etc... any all camera info. would be great.
Thanks.

• 02YZ426

Posted March 21, 2006 - 03:01 PM

Where did you get the camera set up as I could use a couple of them? What brand/make, model etc... any all camera info. would be great.
Thanks.

Heres the link to the kit I bought: http://www.avdeals.ca/lorex/SG6190.htm

Shop around though because this site is too expensive for the kit. I bought mine from home depot for around $70. Its a pretty good camera, I swaped out the RCA cables to a standard coax cable and ran it to my computers TV card where it records to my hard drive. The good thing about this kit is you can get away with just using a VCR if your pc isnt capable.

• 2fastwhitey

Posted March 21, 2006 - 07:35 PM

Dude that is fu*t, it sucks to hear that someone elses bike was stolen. There are some many unsavory characters out there and it sucks. I hope that they/we find him. Post another link for a picture, I couldn't get that one to work and I live about 30 miles from you.

Just so that you fellows know I am an authorized Lorex dealer so if you need any security equipment or audio/video equipment(TV's, speakers, LCD, Plasma, Yamaha(and not the HT series ~ Best Buy crap), Pioneer, toshiba and the lists go on and on..... and car stereo(DVD, Navi) as well. Message me and I can get you prices on anything out there.

• kid on a 426

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:39 PM

Is it like possible to report it to DMV and see if someone tries to register it and then you can bust them. Just a thought

• One Louder

Posted March 22, 2006 - 10:03 AM

Hey Guys, here is a little something that might make you feel a little better. I'm in phoenix AZ and I just saw in the paper that the police caught a low life father and son who have been stealing motorcycles for months. They siezed about $250,000 worth of stuff. The only thing that makes me feel better about them getting caught is the thaught of them getting some "lovin" from the bikers in jail :thumbsup:

• spillicious

Posted March 28, 2006 - 02:37 AM

heres the picture of my bike, again it was stolen in Santa Barbara, CA if anyone sees something similar in the area let me know. thanks guys, good riding

http://pg.photos.yah...scd.jpg&.src=ph

• mxrayser

Posted March 28, 2006 - 10:48 PM

Riders at El Mirage where getting their bikes ripped at night (2 of my buddies where victims) the cops pulled over a truck with 5 bikes layed over and stacked up, searched their house and found 25 more! Those lucky bastards got their bikes back, so theres always hope! I spend weekends at Johnson Valley and as soon as it starts getting dark a big ass chain is locked to my bikes and the other end locked to my Dodge and protected with S&w .38 and a 12 ga. I dont have a problem killing a bike theif, never have!!

• BergArabia

Posted March 28, 2006 - 11:01 PM

Hey sorry to hear about your bad luck.
I hope you find your bike..
And I totally agree you are not stupid that this happened to you. Just unlucky...
To make sure I don't get unlucky with my bike I keep it locked up with steel cables and paddlocks even when it is on the trailer and I am transporting it.

I know lots of bikes get stolen around where I live. I would be interested if anyone has some really good anti-theft ideas...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.