2000 426 water in oil?

3 replies to this topic
  • Thumper44

Posted March 20, 2006 - 01:55 PM

There is a black "vent" tube that runs along the left (shifter) side of the front part of the motor. I noticed this weekend that it has dripped a little oil and water mixture on the garage floor. I checked the oil and found no signs of water. Is this normal? Thanks to all that reply.

• grayracer513

Posted March 20, 2006 - 03:07 PM

It's not unusal for condensed atmospheric moisture to show up in the breather tube. If your oil has no visible water in it, and is not "milky", and there is no oil or oily foam in your radiator, the odds are that you're OK.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper44

Posted March 20, 2006 - 03:28 PM

Thanks. I fell better now.

• yogist

Posted March 20, 2006 - 03:49 PM

Same thing just happened to me...I was running through a lot of puddles..
Some water must have gotten up in the tube..Checked the oil..was still clear and clean...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.