2005 vs 2006 WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • mxvet532

Posted March 20, 2006 - 01:28 PM

I am buying a 05. Just wondering if the 06 had any major changes. I know the triple clamps are different and they now have an electronic odo. What about suspension. Is it the same or was there any improvements/changes?

• The Blue Trail Rider

Posted March 20, 2006 - 02:44 PM

I have an '06 WR 450 and there are some changes. The forks are now 48mm and that's new. It's not just an electronic ODO. It has Enduro functions and a race mode that is pretty powerful for a stock computer. I am racing enduros this season and it's been a help. The rear brake is completely different, and I believe the swing arm received some changes. There is nothing major that sticks out. A lot of little refinements. If you get a great deal on an '05, you're in great shape. It's a great bike too. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moto5

Posted March 20, 2006 - 03:59 PM

I have a 06 and my friends is a 05. The 05 is way slower than the 06...... Just kidding, they are pretty much the same bike.

• kenmcl

Posted March 20, 2006 - 04:15 PM

i'm in california and i believe that the 06's models are green sticker compliant and the 05 was not...this may be moot to you though depending on where you live.

green sticker allows you to ride in off road areas year round, etc here in CA.

• clark4131

Posted March 20, 2006 - 05:31 PM

Here's the deal...

The 05 has 48mm forks, but for '06, they changed the internals a bit for a plusher ride. The '05 gear driven odometer was replaced with the computer. The upper triple clamp is now somewhat adjustable for '06. The seat is softer for you Sally Pink Panties with the sore tushies. The swingarm is supposedly strengthened, but I can't tell where. The brake calipers have been repositioned for clearance issues. Both the '05 and '06 are green stickered. BTW, the Yamaha site lists all the changes for both the '05 and '06 from the previous model year...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.