Broken skid plate mount

1 reply to this topic
  • JDrooster

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:22 AM

I am a fairly new owner of a 99wr400 (love it) and while changing the oil yesterday I noticed what looked like a crack in the rear skid plate mount. Upon removing the skid plate I realized that the entire piece the rear of the skid plate mounts to is broken off. I plan on having it welded, but I am curious to know whether this piece is structurally important, or just there to mount the rear of the skid plate? Like I said, I'm planning on fixing it either way. -Jerry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjslim

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:10 AM

On my 03, the rear mount point is a tab of metal specifically put there for the skid plate. Unless the tab took a big chunk of the frame member with it when it cracked, I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.