best tank 4 426???

3 replies to this topic
  • backwheelbandit

Posted March 19, 2006 - 10:15 PM

which is the best tank the Zip TY 3.25L tank bigger capacity than stock but apparently better or the stock yzf 8L tank???
any other tank suggestions coz i dont ever use all my fuel and the tank is so damn big and bulky... i was thinking the Zip Ty (only $225) one but i think u also have 2 move the hot start???
what r u guys running coz this stock tank is just stupid... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Birdy426

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:45 PM

I'm runnng an IMS 3.4 gal YZ tank and am quite happy with it. The Zip-Ty tank carries the fuel even lower than the stock YZ tank, and you don't have to fill it all the way for moto. You do have to put on a remote hot start lever, but that's a smart mod anyway, and you have to deal with the choke being nearly impossible to get to (may not be a problem in your warm climate). if I had it to do over, I'd go Zip Ty.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bcavmechanic

Posted March 20, 2006 - 09:40 PM

I have the Zip ty tank and it is great. It is just like the YZ tank on top but has plenty of extra fuel down low. I like it better than the regular IMS tank. (the Zip ty tank is made for him by IMS) It is much slimmer up top yet still has a good capacity. I have the hot start from Zip ty as well and it is almost a must have with or without the tank. If you don't need the capacity you could also by a yz tank and seat of of ebay. I have an SDG seat and it is great and much more comfortable than stock. The WR tank sucks, I like the YZ style tank and seat much better for manuveralbility.

• backwheelbandit

Posted March 21, 2006 - 11:50 PM

thanx boys ordered the Zip Ty tank and SDG seat and the hotstart from the website $400 well spent i rekon... cheers again

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.