installing engine ice where is the lowest plug?

4 replies to this topic
  • 01wr426

Posted March 19, 2006 - 09:45 PM

I am going to try running engine ice instead of antifreeze this year but it says to completely drain the system prior to filling with the engine ice.
Where is the lowest drain plug for the cooling system?
I know I have the radiators cleared out and ready to go but I figured there might be something lower than that.

Thanks, Eric

• MotoRick

Posted March 19, 2006 - 10:04 PM

Lowest water pump cover bolt will drain the entire cooling system. I advise you flush the system with a 50/50 mix of distilled water/vinegar to remove any trace of old coolant. Regular anti-freeze is made of ethylene glycol, Engine Ice is propylene glycol. The two are incompatible.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted March 20, 2006 - 02:56 AM

Vinegar? That will make your bike run sour! :thumbsup:

• 01wr426

Posted March 20, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Cool..... One WR Doushe Coming Up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thank you!

The old boy at the parts house said one bottle would cover my 426 and then some but it looks too small to fill up the system.
Will one bottle be all I need ?

Thanks, Eric

• clark4131

Posted March 20, 2006 - 05:15 PM

1 bottle is plenty...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.