Lookig for an Acerbis 3.3 gal fuel tank for my 06 450. Help!

7 replies to this topic
  • holyroller1

Posted March 19, 2006 - 08:16 PM

Anyone know where I can pick one up? I have looked all over online and have been unsuccessful thus far. Everyone says they are on backorder :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted March 20, 2006 - 02:58 AM

Try TT store. I got a pm back to say some time in March. It is now sometime in March.

Good things come to those who wait. Trust me on this, I have to wait for everything!

• hankdog

Posted March 20, 2006 - 02:02 PM

Try your Yamaha dealer part number GYT-5TA24-00-CL for clear or
GYT-5TA24-00-RB for blue. This is the 3.3 gal Acerbis tank listed in the Yamaha GYT parts catalog. My dealer was able to get me one in about 5 days, same price as Acerbis.

• holyroller1

Posted March 24, 2006 - 12:04 AM

Thanks Hank.

I went ahead and got the Yamaha part even though it was $20 more than the Acerbis tank.

What a bunch of crap!!!

TT and other dealers have been saying they will get the Acerbis tank "next month" for the last 3 months. I know, that is how long I have been enquiring.

If you are looking for this tank I wouldn't count on getting the Acerbis unit anytime soon. I finally got tired of waiting after 3 months. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I should have my tank sometime next week. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chubbyfat

Posted March 25, 2006 - 10:58 PM

what's the price on the acerbis or GYT-R tank? $200+?

• holyroller1

Posted March 25, 2006 - 11:48 PM

I got the tank for $220 plus tax. It lists for $246. I guess it depends on your dealer. I feel I got a decent deal because they got it there in 2 days.

I just wanted it by the weekend and they really came through for me.

• odonnks

Posted March 26, 2006 - 03:42 AM

Whats involved in putting it on?
Does it use any of the original hardware?

Any pics?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 26, 2006 - 04:15 AM

Just a quick note, Scott recently bought out Acerbis. From what I've heard from my dealer their distribution has changed and their tanks aren't as easy to get right now... Hmmm... :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.