Xr1300r

10 replies to this topic
  • Iggy1

Posted March 19, 2006 - 06:51 PM

Just think a 75 degree v-twin based on the XR650R. Tell me that wouldn't be a ride. I would sell Truck,ATV,BRP and anything that my wife didn't lock up. 1300cc of the most brutal torque ever imaginable. I wounder how much corking up they would have to do to sell that. Hell of a pipe dream though. Anyone else got the same sh$t I'm on or am I alone.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 19, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Just think a 75 degree v-twin based on the XR650R. Tell me that wouldn't be a ride. I would sell Truck,ATV,BRP and anything that my wife didn't lock up. 1300cc of the most brutal torque ever imaginable. I wounder how much corking up they would have to do to sell that. Hell of a pipe dream though. Anyone else got the same sh$t I'm on or am I alone.

That would be quite the engine. Could even mount four of them side by side...2600cc beast.....sort of an inline 4 made of 650's....way more power than any stock crotch rocket....and it would be a fairley light engine......little on the wide side but of you mounted it in a rocket frame.....ya better hold on real tight.

• qadsan

Posted March 19, 2006 - 08:49 PM

This 210 HP twin cylinder 2 stroke based on the CR500 engine also looks enticing.
http://www.trickraci...nto 1000cc.html

Another company named CP industries was working on an 1100cc twin projected to put out 240RWHP!

ATK has a 700cc 2 stroke single.
http://www.atkusa.co...ntimidator.aspx

A 75 degree v-twin based on the XR650R would be interesting :thumbsup:

• Iggy1

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:57 AM

Well if KTM can v-twin their engine for 999cc why wouldn't , or couldn't is a better way to put it, Honda v-twin the 650r. They do build some nice V-Twins already. Even with my math only one spot on the frame under the tank would have to be changed by only 3/4" only to allow enough breathing for the monster. The overall width will grow only 3" at most. The weight will only consist of the extra piston, pin, con rod, bearings and the up graded crank with mains. The rear spring and front springs and valving up graded. And that my friends is what I call a rocket that most would envy

• adam574

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:15 AM

don't you think the money spent on trying to make a v-twin bike work could be better spent other places... lets say for example the right footpeg. or maybe having the xr650 come with forks from a crf450

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:22 AM

or maybe having the xr650 come with forks from a crf450

For the woods I'll take my convetional shocks anyday. Scott Summers, who races a CRF put on conventional shocks from his XR650R. He said he likes the way they perform in the woods vs. the upside down style.

• Iggy1

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:38 AM

I dual sport my 650r and the forks are great in the woods and Highlands of Cape Breton. As for the foot peg, Everyone knows about it and everyone can fix it in a few minutes.

• EM_rider

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:46 AM

A bike like that would be total overkill in every way IMHO. Zero practical value for real-world riding situations. Fun? Maybe.

• oregon_rider

Posted March 20, 2006 - 07:49 AM

Sounds like you would be better off importing a "africa twin" and building the motor. It is a paris to dakar mount with a high power v-twin motor that honda sells (or used to sell) in europe.

jeff

• Iggy1

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:15 AM

No thanks, I rode one for a week over in Europe and it doesn't seem to have the Torque of the 650r. Now it was governed with a screw in the throttle, I was told this because of when I showed the mechanic a picture of me on my 650r, he though if he rides that he can ride this, and was shown how to release the screw. It didn't seem to run any fasted and I got 80,000 kms on mine. No engine work yet,knock on wood.

• cmwoody

Posted March 21, 2006 - 08:17 PM

I have a BMW R1150GS Adventure and a R1200GS. I want a KTM950...or even better the new FI 990 adventure or their new 950 super enduro. Now thats a friggin incredible bike.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.