Mobil 1 15/50W question

4 replies to this topic
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted October 03, 2001 - 01:10 PM

Sorry to be redundant but would appreciate some reassurance that Mobil 1 15/50 is THE oil to go with for the 4 stroke. I am just about done on my second rebuild and am looking forward to riding on the upcoming long weekend here in Canada. I buy the Mobil 1 at Canadaian Tire, it has the red cap and is an aoutomative oil. Brian at Moto-X here in Laval thinks I'm nuts to run this and mentioned a few experiences where motors that were run on Mobil 1 got quieter after changing to a motorcycle specific. Is there any merit to this or should I stay with the Mobil?

• BajaGod

Posted October 04, 2001 - 05:14 PM

I dont use 50, but a friend of mine says it gave him problems because it kept the bike too cold (I dont know exactly what he meant either), anyway, something about it not starting when it was hot with 50. But this guy has some quirky ideas about his bike, so dont take this is a gospel

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted October 05, 2001 - 02:31 PM

I've been using it for a long time (since '98) with no problems.

------------------
MX Tuner

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 05, 2001 - 04:29 PM

Hugh,
Me too on the 15w-50! Bikeworks great.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, Mobil 1 15W-50.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited October 06, 2001).]

• Scott_in_KC

Posted October 06, 2001 - 11:33 AM

My Husaberg called for it in the manual and I & the previous owner used it since 1995 with zero problems. After another oil change of Yamalube in my new WR (after a good break-in period), it's going in there too. Those parts guys would just love to see you there every few weeks to pick up oil and hopefully an overpriced jersey, some dusty pink tie-downs & $8 spark plugs. I have recently started seeing Mobil 1 in 5qt. jugs. Cheaper again, but I haven't seen it in the red cap yet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.