Bending back some Renthal bars?

6 replies to this topic
  • minion

Posted March 19, 2006 - 04:45 PM

Anyone have some advice on how to bend some Renthal bars back into their proper shape? :thumbsup: A tree and I had a little dispute on who should move during my first harescramble... I don't think we settled the argument, as both of us wouldn't give. :thumbsup:

Eitherway, my right side is bent up and back a little bit; not enough to make the bike unworkable, but enough to notice the front end feels a bit weird.

• 1BLUEsky

Posted March 19, 2006 - 05:25 PM

The Metal Is Fatiuged. The Desire To Straighten Bars Has Probably Happened To Every One But Most Good Bars Are A Type Of Aluminum, Aluminum Likes To Hard Landing And You Could Get Alot More Than You Bargained For.if It Were Steel And Extemely Minor You Might Get Away With It.

• RCannon

Posted March 19, 2006 - 05:32 PM

I agree. Dont straighten aluminum bars. They will break. I tried it myself. I was lucky and they did not damage me, but they sure could have. Replace them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoRick

Posted March 19, 2006 - 06:12 PM

Listen to what people are saying. I had a nephew crash with already bent Renthals. They shattered into several very jagged pieces that could have cut him open like a melon. It was a miracle he didn't come in contact with any of those sharp pieces when he landed. Once they're bent, scrap 'em! :thumbsup:

• Moto5

Posted March 20, 2006 - 04:26 AM

Toss em and replace with new.

• mudhog735

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, what they said, scrap em! One way you can save money, if you cut your bars and run barkbusters, checkout Renthals for a kx or cr 80. They usually cost about 40% less. Im not sure on the price. The last pair i got back in 2000, and I am still running them! They have been on 3 diff. bikes and a bunch of harescrambles!

• 642MX

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:48 PM

I had a set of Renthals break on the face of a 50' table top. The end result was my bike cartwheeling thru the air into another rider and one severely trashed ankle. I use Pro Tapers now.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.