Best wishes!!

3 replies to this topic
  • Wicked Xtreme

Posted March 19, 2006 - 03:19 PM

Just two points here.

1) Best wishes and a speedy recovery for all the riders injured today at Island MX. It was a nasty crash that could have easily avoided :thumbsup: . All the track needed was a couple of flaggers at key locations. It was my first time going there. I will return, but I am going to be a little more aware of what is going on around me.

2) I met a fellow TT'er. Great guy. I'm glad that my posts get some laughs. Thanks JetBlue.

one last thing. My 06' starts much better now, but runs a little KEERRAAAPPPY. Hesitation and popping. Before you all jump down my throat. I am changing the jets this week. Other thank that, the bike is great.

Gonna go relax before dinner, corn beef and cabbage, and of course, Potatoes.

GET WELL SOON GUYS.. AND THAT ONE A@$H#$* THAT CAUSED IT ALL SHOULD BE........WELL, I"LL LEAVE IT AT THAT. WHAT A :thumbsup: :bonk: :confused: :confused: :cry: :bonk: OK THATS ENOUGH.

• JetBlueJoe

Posted March 19, 2006 - 06:48 PM

Just two points here.

1) Best wishes and a speedy recovery for all the riders injured today at Island MX. It was a nasty crash that could have easily avoided :thumbsup: . All the track needed was a couple of flaggers at key locations. It was my first time going there. I will return, but I am going to be a little more aware of what is going on around me.

2) I met a fellow TT'er. Great guy. I'm glad that my posts get some laughs. Thanks JetBlue.

one last thing. My 06' starts much better now, but runs a little KEERRAAAPPPY. Hesitation and popping. Before you all jump down my throat. I am changing the jets this week. Other thank that, the bike is great.

Gonna go relax before dinner, corn beef and cabbage, and of course, Potatoes.

GET WELL SOON GUYS.. AND THAT ONE A@$H#$* THAT CAUSED IT ALL SHOULD BE........WELL, I"LL LEAVE IT AT THAT. WHAT A :thumbsup: :bonk: :confused: :confused: :bonk: :bonk: OK THATS ENOUGH.

Hey Wicked Xtreme that was some mess out there! At the time of the accident Amateur/Expert classes riding, I was putting gas in the bike. I was looking at the bleacher when I saw everybody stand up and heard the Oh No's! Then my neighbor came running from the bleacher to me hysterical that it was my son just went down hard. What a terrible feeling! I dropped everything and ran right over there. I soon saw that my son was alright, he was ahead of the group that collided. I was relieved to see my son fine but when I saw the results of one idiots actions my stomach sank again. These kids that got hurt, some seriously were future stars. I hope they all come out of it OK! I'm still bothered by it! I hope the guy that caused it gets his :cry: . I'll keep you posted specifically about the youngest of the fast guy's, 914. He took the brunt of it and was airlifted to Stony Brook I heard. Your right about the flag man; placement at key locations is critical.

Anyway it was my pleasure meeting you! See you out there and in case your interested the Englishtown MX race track is open for practice this Wednesday 12 - Dusk and Saturday 10 - dusk. Gotta have a current AMA license.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nalgene

Posted March 20, 2006 - 04:23 AM

Would someone like to elaborate on what happened? I mean it sounds like a rider made a mistake and caused a crash, but that stuff happens.

I'm guessing there is more to the story than just a rider going down and causing a pile up.

Its sad to hear about kids getting hurt, hope they fully recover.

• JetBlueJoe

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:38 AM

Some :censored:idiot who was instructed he had to ride with the novices disobeyed the rules of the track and snook out with amateur/expert riders. He snook out somewhere in the middle of the moto and somewhere along the way stopped right smack in the middle just at the edge of the landing area for the tracks 90 foot table top. There was a freight train of expert/amateurs practicing up for Southwick. One by one as they hit the jump they either clipped him causing them and their bikes to tumble down into the gravity cavity or had to fight for clear ground with tumbling riders and bikes. It was a mess. The guy was 110% at fault and when I saw him he was not even sorryful. On top of feeling for all the kids that got hurt I feel terrible for the owners of the track who have to deal with the outcome of one incompetent individual actions. All I can say is I hope he gets his; by the way he walked away unscathed. I can attest to his disobedient behavior. I ride in the beginner/Novice class which was ran prior and he was in it. When we were called off and the track cleared for the Amateurs/Experts he must of wanted to get more for his money. What a :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.