fork boots

12 replies to this topic
  • drtlvr

Posted March 19, 2006 - 03:05 PM

does anyone know what size fork boots will fit on a xr650l I would like to get some black ones but I'm a little lost on the size.

thanks

• tunaeater

Posted March 19, 2006 - 03:23 PM

I also need to get some for my XR650r. Where is the best place to get them ? Service Honda ? Thanks Paul

• gnarly sprockets

Posted March 19, 2006 - 03:57 PM

I have these on my XR. If you like the look, you'll be happy with their performance. www.sealsavers.com

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 19, 2006 - 06:38 PM

I got the ones on my bike from the local dealer for 15 bucks, lasted for about 1000 miles in the dirt till they started splitting apart.....the replaced em and there still OK.....dont know what ill get next, totally unsatisfied other than they look good. Big head ache to take the forks off every 1000 miles just to put some damn boots on.

• 06thumpy

Posted March 19, 2006 - 06:51 PM

I got the ones on my bike from the local dealer for 15 bucks, lasted for about 1000 miles in the dirt till they started splitting apart.....the replaced em and there still OK.....dont know what ill get next, totally unsatisfied other than they look good. Big head ache to take the forks off every 1000 miles just to put some damn boots on.

well dont use them and start replacing your fork seals biannully. i find it hard to believe you have 1000 miles on anything my fork boots last about 10 hours

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 19, 2006 - 07:20 PM

well dont use them and start replacing your fork seals biannully. i find it hard to believe you have 1000 miles on anything my fork boots last about 10 hours

Really? surprised to hear that....maybe they aint so bad after all. They are universal UFO? I think....not sure though. there were only like 2 sizes one for little bikes like 85's and one for big....125+. I will keep using them, I sure dont want to replace the seals. I think im going to get those latex and vinyl ones next time.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06thumpy

Posted March 19, 2006 - 08:37 PM

dude you need to get sealsavers they are available for all size forks and they come in short and long. i like the long ones. have them on all my bikes they help alot. but you do need to clean under them also just roll them up ans sprayem off

• gnarly sprockets

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:27 AM

10 hours? The Sealsavers have been on my bike for 2 years. No cracks, rips or leaky seals.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 21, 2006 - 08:48 PM

10 hours? The Sealsavers have been on my bike for 2 years. No cracks, rips or leaky seals.

10 hours on boots.

I think I'll switch to seal savers, how much are they and anyone got a link?

• 06thumpy

Posted March 21, 2006 - 10:57 PM

my bike gets out of the garage more than twice a year :thumbsup:

• Thumpmeister

Posted March 22, 2006 - 12:10 AM

I have these on my XR. If you like the look, you'll be happy with their performance. www.sealsavers.com

I had a '98 WR 400 a few years back (before the BRP), and I put a set of those on there. Turns out, they really didn't help much in keeping out the dust and muck. I thought they would help a lot in keeping crap out, and they HELPED in making the seals last longer, but the seals still blew (3 of them in a month), and I had fork oil dripping out the bottom of my new seal savers.

• gnarly sprockets

Posted March 22, 2006 - 04:00 PM

Is that why they've lasted so long? You think that could be the reason I haven't needed tires either? We really don't get to ride that much in AZ 'cause it's too nice and a nap in the shade is more fun.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 22, 2006 - 05:59 PM

mine gets out almost every day.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.