XR650R Fork/Disk guards?

8 replies to this topic
  • jwriott

Posted March 19, 2006 - 09:47 AM

What is everyone running for the XR650R? I can't seem to find any plastic guards for this bike.

• TimBrp

Posted March 19, 2006 - 04:40 PM

Order the Acerbis Black or white plastic guards for the XR400. They mount right up you just need to drill a small hole for the zip ties on the caliper side. That's what XR's only does and then sells them made "for" the XR650R.

• jwriott

Posted March 20, 2006 - 10:01 AM

Thanks a bunch.

• Baja Rudy

Posted March 20, 2006 - 10:19 AM

precision concepts also has some nice carbor fiber ones for $75 or look into www.1xinternational.com

Johnny cambels web site it think.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted March 20, 2006 - 11:15 AM

Thanks a bunch.

No problem. What's the matter, your fork legs all dinged up like mine? Too bad I ordered the guards 3 months after I got the bike. Live and learn.

• jwriott

Posted March 20, 2006 - 03:20 PM

You know, I'm still trying to buy a decent used BRP :thumbsup:. I keep missing good deals and it's pissing me off.

My buddy has a 2000 and after tearing into his forks, had a dent from the outside that dimpled the inside of the tube. He honed it out slightly removed the dimple and is now looking for protection for the legs. I'll need the same when I get the bike as well.

All we can think of is he must have been hit with roost from my WR426 at some point since he and I trade the lead back and forth and ride in very rocky areas.

My fork guards on my KTM 300 EXC look like they've been hit with a shotgun as did my WR426's which I know came from his pig. :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted March 21, 2006 - 03:46 AM

If he hit something or something hit him hard enough to dimple the tube on the inside I don't think any "plastic" protectors will work. I've read about people using black PVC pipe as a guard. I think that would hold up better.

• jwriott

Posted March 21, 2006 - 07:49 AM

So I can assume that nobody has had this problem? :thumbsup:

We ride extremely close to each other even in the high speed rocky sections. I've been hit in the chest protector with baseball sized rocks from his bike. You may be right about the plastic guards not being enough protection. I'll mention it to him.

We have also not been able to find aftermarket plastic for the BRP's. What's the deal?

• TimBrp

Posted March 21, 2006 - 09:36 AM

We ride extremely close to each other even in the high speed rocky sections.

Well, what do you expect to happen man....?? :thumbsup:

We have also not been able to find aftermarket plastic for the BRP's. What's the deal?

It's not a hugely popular machine. Plastics have always been and issue with them. Go red or.....paint it.... :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.