WR426F Kickstand Position

8 replies to this topic
  • stillsun

Posted March 18, 2006 - 09:29 PM

Would one of you guys who owns a WR426F mind snapping a few pictures for me?

I have a YZ426F and recently acquired a WR kickstand with the mount/spring/bolts, I just need to know exactly where the tabs are located on the frame of the WR, so a good side shot and maybe one taken if the camera were around the rear axle that way I can see how far out or inward the tabs are mounted.... any extra pictures are helpful too...

Thank you, needing to get a kickstand on this thing and having it just laying around is bugging me...

All help is appreciated!

:thumbsup:

-J

• WR_Dave

Posted March 19, 2006 - 05:29 AM

Posted Image Not the best pic , but you'll get the idea. Good Luck--WR Dave

• stillsun

Posted March 19, 2006 - 07:28 AM

Dave,

Thanks for the shot, on that top bolt mount, is it flush with the surface of the subframe mount or slightly further out, from the picture it looks like it's a little further out...

Thanks again, that is very helpful.

-Josh

• WR_Dave

Posted March 19, 2006 - 07:46 AM

It's out a little bit only about 1/8" at the most. Hope this helps. WR Dave. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted March 19, 2006 - 07:47 AM

The YZ frame does not have a tab on it for the upper bolt. You may have to either get one welded on or get a Trail Tech stand that will bolt on to YZ frame/

• stillsun

Posted March 19, 2006 - 09:52 AM

The YZ frame does not have a tab on it for the upper bolt. You may have to either get one welded on or get a Trail Tech stand that will bolt on to YZ frame/

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, form up some tabs and break out the welder...

-J

• stillsun

Posted July 20, 2006 - 06:59 AM

Okay, got the tabs fabbed, welded on and almost ready to paint the frame... I had to end up doing some extra grinding once I got the upper bracket on so it's not so pretty anymore but it's mostly all covered with the kickstand bracket anyways.....

Posted Image

• Ripmeister

Posted July 20, 2006 - 08:34 AM

Dude, that's a lot of work for a kickstand . . . what's the story behind the mod? You didn't break it all down just for this, right?

• stillsun

Posted July 20, 2006 - 08:45 AM

Thank you for asking, so that no one questions my sanity, no I didn't break it all down just for this.

Well I really wanted to use an OEM kickstand, so this was the only option, that or find a WR frame, which would have been expensive.

The whole bike is broke down for 3 reasons, first and most importantly to repaint, it has a lot of wear on it and needs it and the only way to do it right is to strip the bike down, secondly I'm going to be doing the big bore kit on the motor anyways so the motor had to come out regardless, and thirdly I wanted to do the kickstand so I waited until I had all three ready to go.

I'll post pictures when it's all done.

J

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.