Won't Start

2 replies to this topic
  • jsg6110

Posted March 18, 2006 - 01:08 PM

I was checking the jetting on my 2000 wr 400 and I had removed the carb to see what jets were in the carb since I had just purchased a couple of months ago, I also had checked the plug and it was burning just a little rich so i decide to move the e clip on the needle put it back together and it will not start will occassionaly backfire but wont start. I back tracked to make sure everything was hooked up right found nothing any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 18, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Put in all new jets in your carb if the valves clearances are all in check. Tight valves make for difficult starting. Jets clog if they sit in gas too long and they dont always blow out clean. :thumbsup:

• jsg6110

Posted March 18, 2006 - 03:15 PM

The bike ran decent before i took it apart just running a little rich beginning to think i flooded it i think i will try a new plug

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.