03 WR450 front wheel bearings

3 replies to this topic
  • Dirtmizer

Posted March 18, 2006 - 09:11 AM

Hey all, last night I noticed my front tire had some free play, so I guess I need to order some new seals and bearings, has anyone used Pivot Works stuff? I would think a sealed bearing would have more life?! maybe the aftermarket stuff will be better quality. Thanx.

• Kepy

Posted March 18, 2006 - 09:41 AM

...there are no bad or good bearings but only well or wrong greased :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • old man dan

Posted March 18, 2006 - 09:47 AM

There's definately good and not so good bearings. Take the originals out and bring them, and the outer seals, down to a bearing supply place and they can match them with a good american or european bearing. Get sealed bearings, very carefully pick the seal out, grease them well with waterproof grease and put the seal back on. While your there buy a few new outer seals so you can check the bearings every now and then. write down the part numbers so you can pre order next time.

• Kepy

Posted March 18, 2006 - 10:46 AM

There's definately good and not so good bearings. Take the originals out and bring them, and the outer seals, down to a bearing supply place and they can match them with a good american or european bearing. Get sealed bearings, very carefully pick the seal out, grease them well with waterproof grease and put the seal back on. While your there buy a few new outer seals so you can check the bearings every now and then. write down the part numbers so you can pre order next time.

Pivot Works has an advantage...they are selling the whole bearing sets for the particular bike, but the average customer can buy SKF, KOYO, NTN, FAG, INA or whatever, as all the bearings are ISO standarized :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.