2005 450 wr jetting ?'s

2 replies to this topic
  • mrcasull

Posted March 18, 2006 - 07:52 AM

My local shop just got my ais kit in and I'm getting ready to get it put in. I would like to know if a 170 main plus what is in the kit work for me here in western NY or would the 168 be better? Then it's just a matter of the airbox deal and the exhaust I just want to have everything I will need to do the work. Thank you for your help or should I say thak you all for spending my money for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • old man dan

Posted March 18, 2006 - 09:51 AM

Depends on your temp and altitude, check Indy's jetting chart. The 168 is probably right unless it's pretty cold but check.

• odonnks

Posted March 18, 2006 - 09:52 AM

I'm in PA at about 1000 ft.
The 170 seemed rich last week but now with the 60 degree drop the 170 would be a good place to start.
Do the airbox and exhaust at the same time you do the jetting.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.