xr650r speedo

11 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted March 17, 2006 - 09:07 PM

i am looking into a speedometer for an xr650 i am picking up and wanted to know my options. i know trailtech makes a digital one. i am looking for a geardriven one i would like to use the existing cable that the xr already comes with and just plug that into some unit that is for sale. only problem is every time i search the internet for a speedometer all that is coming up is digital ones. anybody know where i can get one.

• qadsan

Posted March 17, 2006 - 09:19 PM

Sometimes they show up on eBay under dual sport speedometer, etc. Sunday afternoons and evenings are a good time to check eBay for deals on things.

• Mudshark

Posted March 17, 2006 - 09:23 PM

Go buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Simple to wire up and looks cool.
I made my own... before seeing the one on e-bay
Posted Image

• Docmarkw

Posted March 17, 2006 - 10:04 PM

This is my $30 ebay find with 0 miles on it.
Posted Image

• adam574

Posted March 17, 2006 - 11:32 PM

i like the one mudshark posted. not sure about the key though. only because i am going with the trick dualsport kit and i am actually not sure if that comes with a key or not. if it does then i really don't want two keys.

• TimBrp

Posted March 18, 2006 - 03:50 AM

adam, give this one a look...

Service Honda Unit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted March 18, 2006 - 05:30 AM

My son found an analog speedo off an old XL350 at a local salvage yard, connected to the existing cable on his BRP, cost $10.

• MindBlower

Posted March 18, 2006 - 10:12 AM

Search for the ATK speedo thread. Really nice looking with speed range that makes sense. $40 if still available.

• 4whlfun

Posted March 18, 2006 - 06:03 PM

Buy the one off Ebay with the key. I bought one and really like it. Workmanship is excellant. Easy to hook up. Speedometer is fairly accurate. Works off your stock odometer cable :thumbsup:

• MindBlower

Posted March 18, 2006 - 07:08 PM

I'd have been ordering that ebay unit if I hadn't seen that ATK model. It's uses the stock odometer drive too.
Someone posted that Baja Designs is supposed to be offering a keyed ignition for $30 sometime this month.

http://img.photobuck...ED/de2a75c8.jpg

NICEEEEEEEEE....... :thumbsup:

• Mudshark

Posted March 18, 2006 - 08:11 PM

I'd have been ordering that ebay unit if I hadn't seen that ATK model. It's uses the stock odometer drive too.
Someone posted that Baja Designs is supposed to be offering a keyed ignition for $30 sometime this month.

http://img.photobuck...ED/de2a75c8.jpg

NICEEEEEEEEE....... :thumbsup:

Yes they do, thats the same one I used, I also used the Baja Designs Speedo.
It also runs off of the stock drive and cable. :thumbsup:
30 for the Ignition and
60 for the speedo

• Iggy1

Posted March 19, 2006 - 05:53 PM

For some reason the speedo off a xt600, any year will work. Get one second hand for a few $. Just plug and go.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.