Back Fire

6 replies to this topic
  • paul69

Posted March 17, 2006 - 08:54 PM

Hello I have a WR426F and when i ride home from work sitting on 110 Ks for a bout 2 Ks i come off the throttle and sometimes it back fires any ideas??

• Gerry B

Posted March 17, 2006 - 09:39 PM

turn your pilot screw out about a half turn.

• paul69

Posted March 17, 2006 - 10:03 PM

The pilot screw is out about 1 1/4 turns (the one trough the float bowl) .
would the hot weather make it do yhis its around 38C.
does turning it out richen the mixture?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted March 18, 2006 - 05:22 AM

SOME backfiring upon de-celeration is normal....if it back fires a lot upon de-celeration, than you are too lean.
Yes, turning the screw so that it comes out does make the bike richer, while turning it in leans it out. I highly recommend an aftermarket fuel screw like the Zip-Ty or an equivalent.

I like to adjust the fuel screw so that I get an occasional back-fire upon de-celeration; this is where it seems to run best.

• paul69

Posted March 18, 2006 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for your help

• BergArabia

Posted March 18, 2006 - 08:47 AM

Paul where are you in Oz? And what kind of sprocket setup and tires do you run for commuting on the WR?? Seems a different but somehow mildy appealing idea..

• paul69

Posted March 21, 2006 - 10:50 PM

I live only 2km from work and its more or less out of my road a long straight then im at work. My bike still has the standard tyres and sprockets but i need a new rear tyre , im looking at a Metzeler ENDURO 3 SAHARA.
i live in WA oz

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.