Yamaha S1 Suspension oil

5 replies to this topic
  • LloydX-mas

Posted March 17, 2006 - 07:35 PM

Does anyone know what is so special about yamaha's s1 fork oil that they want $23 a can?? Or is it just another overly expensive factory product? Recommended for 2005 forks.

• LloydX-mas

Posted March 21, 2006 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for your input!

• bandit99

Posted March 22, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I changed out the s1 to 5wt and it was too harsh. I put the s1 back in. You could probably put 2 1/2 weight in and it will work. I just didn't want to mess with it again since I knew how the s1 felt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LloydX-mas

Posted March 22, 2006 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for the input Bandit

• TooFast

Posted March 23, 2006 - 12:21 PM

yamie oil is kyb 01 which kawasaki sold in their bottles for less $$. You might want to check to see if they still sell it.

• Kepy

Posted March 23, 2006 - 12:48 PM

After been using YS1, Castrol, Shell I can truly recommend you MOTUL 2,5 W for USD forks :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.