Hand Gaurds

14 replies to this topic
  • glabudde

Posted March 17, 2006 - 06:34 PM

Any recommendations on hand gaurds for a 650R? Considering the Acerbis Uniko or possibly the Rally Pro, but I am open to other makes and models. Big difference in the cost ($35 vs $75, respectively). I do a lot of fire road and trail riding.

• GrayGhost

Posted March 17, 2006 - 08:20 PM

I went with Moose and really like them. Might be a concideration.

• dbracht

Posted March 17, 2006 - 09:38 PM

Check out the Tusk D-Flex Handguards from rockymountainatv.com. I put them on my 650l and added the spoilers for added protection. The are very well made and the price is excellent. I compared them to my neighbors Acerbis units on his KTM and we both felt the Tusk product is superior....

• skyriver

Posted March 17, 2006 - 09:42 PM

I've been very happy with the ones from Tusk (have to buy from Rocky Mtn since it's there deal). The price is about as good as you'll find for full protection. They look pretty good too.

• Docmarkw

Posted March 17, 2006 - 09:54 PM

I too have the husk hand guards and like them with the exception of the clamps. These are IMO poorly designed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I wrote Rocky Mountain about how easy these broke and they sent me out another set of clamps for free. I put the new ones away and put on some I had from a older set of pro ralley guards and now all is perfect.

• TimBrp

Posted March 18, 2006 - 03:51 AM

Cycra Probends.

• frankstr

Posted March 18, 2006 - 06:20 AM

I'm using, Acerbis Rally Pro guards with shorter levers... :thumbsup: .. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LesJive

Posted March 18, 2006 - 07:15 PM

If your looking for great hand guards at a reasonable price, check here.
Run them on all my bikes, tough stuff!

• MindBlower

Posted March 18, 2006 - 08:47 PM

Do any fit without cutting the levers?

• snaggleXR650

Posted March 19, 2006 - 05:50 AM

I second the Enduro Engineering stuff. I've been using them for years without complaints.

Posted March 19, 2006 - 06:04 AM

I went with the moose but any aluminum guard that has replaceable plastic should work great. I had to cut the balls off the levers on the 650L.

• PeterHively

Posted March 19, 2006 - 09:01 AM

I really like the Cycra Pro Bend, especially with the triple-clamp mount.

The bend in the metal and the shape of the plastic give you tons of room for your hands. The triple-clamp mount is super stout and frees up room on your bars. Plenty of room for the cables, no need to cut the levers, they never come loose even in a tip over.

• FJT

Posted March 20, 2006 - 06:39 PM

:thumbsup: \ :thumbsup: :bonk:

Cycra Pro Bends.

• Supplicate

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:08 PM

I went with Moose originally.

Loved the hell out of them, but they are seriously b0rked now. Time to replace, think I'm going to go with a pair of Cycra's this time.

• Tber

Posted March 20, 2006 - 08:35 PM

Do any fit without cutting the levers?

The Tusk work great. I just installed mine with no problems with the levers. The plastic can also be replace for around 10to 15 bucks.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.