clutch boss?

6 replies to this topic
  • crfdaddy

Posted March 17, 2006 - 05:45 PM

i,m still got the clutch apart just bought oem friction plates,steel clutch plates and springs all oem through the tt store thanks. while having it apart i noticed some scoring iside the clutch boss where the first friction plate would make contact, should i replace? also is the clutch boss suppose to move freely about 1 1/2" either direction ? the second i rotate the basket it will move the rear tire either way, so i'm assuming thats working ok. thanks again for the inputs

• ncmountainman

Posted March 18, 2006 - 06:50 AM

had the same problem with mine either something got in there and scored it or it was a poor machining job from the get go. its only $55 OEM. considering the aftermarket ones are $200+ its a pretty good deal :thumbsup:

• crfdaddy

Posted March 18, 2006 - 11:03 AM

thanks nc for getting back with me. i been looking on ebay to see whats available i'm leaning towards a hinson unit but that $55.00 for oem may lean me more towards oem. thanks again john

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 18, 2006 - 01:35 PM

The GYT-R Clutch Boss is a Hinson part for less than a Hinson retail price. Keep it in mind if you can't find a deal on a Hinson.

• crfdaddy

Posted March 18, 2006 - 05:48 PM

thanks gray racer also there are some yz tripple clamps on ebay right now pro circuit upper and lower nice looking set but i don't think there the same offset that you run on your yz. if you don't mind what brand tripple clamps you running to get the 22 1/2 offset? thanks john

• grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2006 - 12:06 AM

The clamps are from Applied

• crfdaddy

Posted March 19, 2006 - 12:08 PM

thanks grayracer after i get finished with replacing the clutch, i will be looking for some offset clamps to help the bike turn better

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.