"New" 2005 WR450ZF in CA or NV

9 replies to this topic
  • Wrex Everything

Posted March 17, 2006 - 12:21 PM

Not sure if this is appropriate forum for this question, but here goes:

What would be an appropriate OTD price for a "new" '05 WR450f in CA or NV right now, and, how is availiblity on one of these right now out here on the west coast?

Also, what's the story on sales tax for an out-of-state purchase (ie a NV resident buying a new bike in CA)? I heard from a local dealer (in NV) that often they won't charge CA sales tax to a NV resident?

• mxvet532

Posted March 17, 2006 - 03:33 PM

I bought a bike in 2002 in CA as a NV resident. I was not charged sales tax.

• AHRMA17L

Posted March 17, 2006 - 03:51 PM

Cycle Sports/Cycle Shysters in Salem, Oregon has 2005 WR450F's new for $5800 out the door, if you negotiate long enough. No tax in Oregon.

• Wrex Everything

Posted March 17, 2006 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for the input. I've got a shop claiming 6G OTD, but I'm wondering if I can get your price ($5,800) here... hey, that's almost a helmet in savings...

• odonnks

Posted March 17, 2006 - 07:00 PM

Go for the 5800 (pretax)
I paid 6090 pretax in pa for a 06.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted March 17, 2006 - 10:14 PM

OTD $5999 at Sierra Yamaha in Quincy, CA...SC

• loop

Posted March 18, 2006 - 07:27 AM

OTD $5999 at Sierra Yamaha in Quincy, CA...SC

Actually they moved. They're about 5 minutes from Hallelujah junction (70 and 395), only 20 minutes from Reno.

$5999 OTD for the '05, $6399 for an '06. I was there last week.

• Wrex Everything

Posted March 18, 2006 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, thanks guys. I'm headin' up there today... I'm gonna try for the outta state, no tax 5,800 OTD that was mentioned by our Oregon brethren.

Keep y'all posted on my first moto purchase. Scary, scary...

• Wrex Everything

Posted March 20, 2006 - 09:07 AM

Ok, so I went and bought an '05 WR450F from Sierra Yamaha. $5,700 OTD and I cannot emphasize enough how cool and helpful the staff were up there. Joe, Rachel, Nicole, etc. were awesome - much different than what I have experienced so far in dealing with retail shops. If you are in Nor Cal or Nevada and you are in the market for new equipment DEFINITELY check 'em out.

Also... if you're in the market (and somewhat inexperienced like myself), don't listen to the naysayers regarding the hostility of the WR450. I'm a brand "newbie" just off my mtn bike and was able to somewhat handle the 450 without any issues (with the free mods already done). Geometry-wise (mtb term?), it actually feels kinda SHORT compared to my mtn bike (I'm 6'2", about 205 lbs)!

Thanks for the advice guys - I'm way stoked!

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 20, 2006 - 01:31 PM

Geometry-wise (mtb term?), it actually feels kinda SHORT compared to my mtn bike (I'm 6'2", about 205 lbs)!

Thanks for the advice guys - I'm way stoked!

Dispite the 38.4 inch seat height, the combination of slim seat, light weight, compact handlebar/ seat/ footpeg relationship makes this bike feel smaller than it actually is. At 5'9" it fits me better than my TT-R does. Now all I have to do is shift my funds and make my plans and I'll be riding one by next summer (hopefully) :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.