'00/02 plastic on a '98?

1 reply to this topic
  • iwhitevt

Posted March 17, 2006 - 05:32 AM

have a '98 wr400 that i am putting a '99 yz tank on. I am thinking about switching plastic colors, but there seems to be more available for the 2000 and up models. As far as I can tell, the only difference in the '98 plastic and the '00/02 plastic is the the radiator shrouds mount differently to the radiator. Are there more differences than this? and can the tabs on my '98 radiators be bent to accept the newer shrouds? appreciate the help-

Ian
VCHSS #12v

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted March 17, 2006 - 07:35 AM

The mounting tabs on the side shrouds are the only mounting difference. DONT bend the radiators! You dont want to force a leak.

Just buy the correct year shrouds or updgrade to the 426 radiators

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.