Fork caps

5 replies to this topic
  • weskc35k

Posted March 16, 2006 - 06:22 PM

The fork caps on the Aussie xr650r are steel i assume U.S. spec bikes are the same,if we could get some made from billet alloy would anyone be interested.
Weight loss is the deal here,weight loss up high.Weight loss without sacrificing reliability is my game.
I read an Aussie test on the 4 stroke enduro bikes here in Australia and a few of them are over 265lb in rego trim so we are not too far off,as mine is regoed at about 282,having taken a few things off and swapped out the can and stuff.

• JackAttack

Posted March 16, 2006 - 06:28 PM

I dropped the tire pressure in both tires from 24 lbs to 15 lbs. It was an easy way to shave 18 lbs off my bike. Bike feels much lighter. :thumbsup:

• weskc35k

Posted March 16, 2006 - 06:30 PM

It's unhinged sorry unsprung too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mudshark

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:11 PM

The fork caps on the Aussie xr650r are steel i assume U.S. spec bikes are the same,if we could get some made from billet alloy would anyone be interested.
Weight loss is the deal here,weight loss up high.Weight loss without sacrificing reliability is my game.
I read an Aussie test on the 4 stroke enduro bikes here in Australia and a few of them are over 265lb in rego trim so we are not too far off,as mine is regoed at about 282,having taken a few things off and swapped out the can and stuff.

You mean these?.... mine are ally, not steel.
Posted Image

• HawkGT

Posted March 16, 2006 - 10:08 PM

Agreed. No steel caps on US bikes. I'm surprized other market bikes would have steel caps.

• frankstr

Posted March 17, 2006 - 05:22 AM

Thats strange..Mine are made from aluminum...could not see why they would make the Aussie XR's differnt.... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.