basic CRF80 maintenance questions....

5 replies to this topic
  • harjp1959

Posted March 16, 2006 - 05:14 PM

Gonna help a friend do some basic stuff on his daughter's CRF80. Oil change and air filter cleaning. He doesn't have a manual.

Could someone please tell me how much oil the 80 holds? Any oil filter? Anything else we want to know?

Thanks for the help!

• dfcfu342

Posted March 16, 2006 - 07:35 PM

Gonna help a friend do some basic stuff on his daughter's CRF80. Oil change and air filter cleaning. He doesn't have a manual.

Could someone please tell me how much oil the 80 holds? Any oil filter? Anything else we want to know?

Thanks for the help!

There isnt an oil filter, and its a lot easier to clean K&N Filters than the stock foam types. I beleive it holds 1 quart. I just fill and check the dipstick and repeat until you have your desired amount.

• harjp1959

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:08 PM

Thanks!

• R_Little

Posted March 17, 2006 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the help!

The xr100 holds one quart, I think the 80 is slightly less like .8 qts. Just fill a little less than a qt and check the dipstick. Other than oil and airfilter the only other item involved is a cam chain adjustment when the motor starts making noise. Other than that that motor will run forever and ever.

• harjp1959

Posted March 17, 2006 - 10:41 AM

The xr100 holds one quart, I think the 80 is slightly less like .8 qts. Just fill a little less than a qt and check the dipstick. Other than oil and airfilter the only other item involved is a cam chain adjustment when the motor starts making noise. Other than that that motor will run forever and ever.

Excellent! Thanks! :thumbsup:

• xr_bino

Posted December 07, 2008 - 09:31 PM

My son's 2002 XR 80 holds exactly 1 quart. We run 10W40 Castrol. Check the oil level with the bike level and the dipstick NOT screwed in.

We are running an aftermarket UNI air filter and have been pleased with its performance.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Cylinder boring Question by Sebastien

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

What Would Be The best dirt bike for a 12 year old? by ramis

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  48 replies
Forums
Photo

what kind of dirt bike should i get by tim1511

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Seal Problem by SouthShore_Boy

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Xr200r Cam Chain way to loose by spooledupgti

• 6 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.