04 Wr450 Questions

1 reply to this topic
  • RIDER307G

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:20 AM

Just bought it and it has all free mods, but I didn't do them. The airbox right now has a snorkel type of inlet on the top with a piece that runs across the top to divide the one large opening into two. Do I remove this? It also has the holes cut in the sides.

Also, the clutch lever and perch has a wire and switch in it. What does it do and what happens if I replace the perch with an aftermarket one that does not accomodate this?

Thanks for the help.

P.S. what is the distance that can be done on the stock tank?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:26 AM

Just bought it and it has all free mods

MAKE SURE!!!!!!!

The airbox right now has a snorkel type of inlet on the top with a piece that runs across the top to divide the one large opening into two. Do I remove this??

take it out!!!

Also, the clutch lever and perch has a wire and switch in it.

you dont need that!!! it is a clutch safety switch and will brake on you eventually any way. cut the wires where they come out of the plug under your headlight. strip them , twist them together, and put shrink wrap over it.

what is the distance that can be done on the stock tank?

110-150km on all 10L.

rememberer to have fun and change your oil ever 200-500km!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.