Oil filter question.

4 replies to this topic
  • jake27

Posted March 15, 2006 - 07:04 PM

I have some oil filters left over from my YZ426 and was wondering if they would work in a yz450f engine? Thanks, Matt

• djo269

Posted March 16, 2006 - 02:14 AM

The designs are very close. My 02' yz250f was similar looking but had a different part# from my 03' yz450f. Could be slightly too long,wide,etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted March 16, 2006 - 02:54 AM

The oilfilters are interchangeable. I would prefer to use paper filters or an aftermarket stainless steel filter like Scotts instead of the Yamaha brass filter, which allows somewhat larger metal particles thru.

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2006 - 08:33 AM

They are indeed interchangeable. The part number change in '03 was due to a change from brass mesh to paper filtering media, and nothing more.

• jake27

Posted March 16, 2006 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for your help, I thought they would work, Matt.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.